Thread: Need fix for Unsupported graphics card in Diablo 3

Need fix for Unsupported graphics card in Diablo 3

I never saw the game like this, with so excellent graphic and game play. I really want to play the game but the problem is when the graphic card i have in my system is on the list of unsupported card's list for this game. Now as i really want to play the game, i wanted to know that if the cards listed there are notat all able to run the game ? Or is there some hope that this game will run on those card in future ? Is there some kind of fix or tweak to make unsupported graphics card work for Diablo 3 so that I can able to play the game without any problem? Please suggest something.

Re: Need fix for Unsupported graphics card in Diablo 3

Same story with me as well. I was trying to play Diablo 3 with GeForce FX 5900 Ultra installed on my system, it is on the unsupported list of cards for this game. While playing i was getting and error of unsupported Graphics Card. As a fix i found a site mentioned you need to press ESC key whenever you get this error and change the file on the diablo 3 file list.

But later i found that this is just a temporary fix because you will keep getting such errors again and again. After changing the file list on the first error i fgot one more error after few minutes of gameplay and this time i had to change a particular file on the file list. But the problem was I don’t know which file needs to be changed. Hope anyone have any idea about this.

Re: Need fix for Unsupported graphics card in Diablo 3

I have the solution for the problem that you are have with this game due to the Unsupported graphics card error. Just follow these steps:

• Go to My Documents folder under Libraries and open Diablo 3 folder.
    • Here you will find a file named d3prefs.txt. Open it.
    • Now make the following changes in this text file:
      1. Find disabletrilinearfiltering and change it to 1 ( default is 0)
      2. Find hardwareclass and change it to the 1 as well ( default is 0)
    • Now just save the file and and close it.
    • Now launch the game again.
    • You will see the Unsupported graphics card error on the start. Just press Esc key and the game will work properly.

But remember that, Unsupported graphics card error is not any kind of bug that can be solved 100% with any patch or troubleshot. It is actually requirement of the game. By applying the above steps you can play the game for couple or hours or even the entire game but the graphics or performance of the game will be poor.