Thread: Can’t turn off mouse acceleration in Max Payne 3

Can’t turn off mouse acceleration in Max Payne 3

I have been playing Max Payne 3 for some time and I realize that the mouse controlling of this game is not proper. When in standing position, the mouse worked normally, but when in the prone position, the mouse would become so slow that it would take around 10 inch of mouse drag just to make Max look behind him. Also if noticed in the ShootDodge, the mouse would become so stiff that just aiming at enemy would cost me the whole ShootDodge time. To solve this problem, I went into the control panel of my Windows 7 and increased the speed of the mouse pointer. This somewhat helped me get a decent mouse speed in prone position and in the ShootDodge mode, but again the mouse became so fast in normal game that mere touch to the mouse would change the direction in which it was pointed greatly. I don’t know what is happening, but it seems like mouse is out of control in Max Payne 3. Did anyone else too found it difficult to control Max Payne using mouse?

Re: Can’t turn off mouse acceleration in Max Payne 3

You are not alone who is suffering from this problem. Almost everybody who is or has been playing Max Payne 3 on computer is suffering from this problem. This game suffers from problem in mouse acceleration. The mouse remains very stiff when Max is in prone position or when using the ShootDodge to evade the incoming attacks. Due to this, it becomes very difficult to aim for multiple enemies in bullet time. A patch had been released by Rockstar games recently which disables the mouse acceleration feature in Max Payne 3’s PC version. Also to suit various mouse and screen resolution, developers have also added mouse sensitivity slider to this game via this patch. It will provide a slider in options having values from 1 to 10. The sensitivity of mouse will be assigned according to the number selected. You can download this patch from the official website of Rockstar Games.