Thread: Max Payne 3 ported on PC version is broken

Max Payne 3 ported on PC version is broken

I have been playing Max Payne 3 on my PC for some three days now and I feel that it is just another badly ported game on the PC from some another console. This game doesn’t have proper screen resolution which is affecting the game on my PC. The picture seems stretched and the entire characters look squashed from the top. It seems like the developers of Max Payne 3 forgot to include the resolutions for the monitor of the computer and kept the resolutions needed for television connected to Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Does anyone else feel that Rockstar Games haven’t properly ported Max Payne 3 to PC properly?

Re: Max Payne 3 ported on PC version is broken

The first problem that I saw in Max Payne 3 was the unexpected lag caused due to Vsync. Whenever I switch to any other application running on my PC using alt + tab, and then again restore the game when needed, the game starts to lag. After changing and doing some research on the settings of the game, the culprit was found. If the Vsync is switched off, it gives no problem. I can easily switch between the applications and the Max Payne 3. Also the framerates seems to be low when the game is being played in the multiplayer mode. I played Max Payne 3 on my girlfriend’s Playstation 3 and the loading time for the multiplayer game was shorter than that of PC version. The difference must be that of around two minutes. Also the DirectX 11 version of Max Payne 3 is not properly optimized. I agree to the fact that optimization of this game PC has failed.

I think that Max Payne 3 is one of the best optimized games for PC. Before the release of Max Payne 3, Rockstar Games had declared that they were working n the PC version of this game parallel along with Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 version. If you check the specification of this game, then you will understand that this game can run properly on Windows XP as well as Windows 7. It can run even on PC with just 2 GB RAM as well as on PC with 16 GB of RAM. Same goes for the processor and the graphic card. It can run properly on a normal graphic card as well as on a high end graphic card. This shows that Rockstar Games have tested Max Payne 3 on wide variety of computers with a wide range of hardware specifications before releasing it. I don’t think that it is badly ported.

Maybe you got the problem because you don’t have hardware required for proper working of the game. Also the maintenance of a computer matters in the performance of the game. As mentioned in the specifications, the game needs 35 GB of hard disk space to be installed; this doesn’t mean that only 35 GB will suffice. You need to provide at least 4 to 5 GB of extra hard disk space for smooth operation. If you have many clustered files in the same drive as that of Max Payne 3, it will obviously give you poor performance. So I suggest you to stop blaming developers for bad poring of Max Payne 3 and improve or maintain your computer properly.

The first problem that I saw in Max Payne 3 was the unexpected lag caused due to Vsync.
    The lagging that you are experiencing in Max Payne 3’s PC version is because of the uncompressed data used in game by the developers. The textures that are used in the game are uncompressed and so is the audio. Due to this, it helps the game to run efficiently on high resolution screens as well as low resolution screens. The PC version of Max Payne 3 is four times of higher quality than that in Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Some people think that porting a game from one console to another is very easy. But they don’t know how much man power is involved in it. Developers and many other people have worked night and day to achieve the results that you see in the game. I have completed the game and played the multiplayer games many times, I didn’t expect any problems. Neither there were any lags nor there were any crashes. The whole game worked smoothly. I think that you should buy a better computer if you want to play high end games like Max Payne 3.