Thread: Max Payne 3 game is a movie actually with full of cutscenes and less gameplay

Max Payne 3 game is a movie actually with full of cutscenes and less gameplay

I paid $59.99 to Rockstar Games just to watch a movie. Yes, Max Payne 3 is a movie and not a game. Every five minutes later the game goes into cut scene to complete the story. I played for some four hours and to tell you the truth, I must have played only for one hour. Every time you meet some other character I n the game, cut scene begins and starts to continue the story. Even a smallest interaction between the characters has been showed in cut scenes. In my four hours of experience of playing Max Payne 3, I found it like an experience of an buying an firecracker, you spends a huge amount to buy it and wait till the festive day to burst it. Then after the day comes, you go out to burst it and it bursts in just three seconds to create a big noise. So your money and wait for long time goes in vain. After every level and in the beginning of level you will get a cut scene that goes on for fifteen to twenty minutes, then you play the main game for three to four minutes and again a cut scene plays for minutes in a row. It is so irritating, that I stopped playing the game after some two chapters. Did anyone else to get irritated of playing Max Payne 3 and just watching cut scenes?

Re: Max Payne 3 game is a movie actually with full of cutscenes and less gameplay

The worst part of these cut scenes is that it drops any weapon that we have picked and makes us continue playing using the basic pistol. Also the grainy effect that is applied over the cut scenes to give the cinematic effects gives an awkward feeling. The developers wanted to show the events happening around Max Payne in a view which a drunkard and an addict see in. But this effect of blur lines and moving camera in awkward positions gives headaches to me. Many times I get a feeling that in next part even the shooting will be done in cut scenes. All we have to do is aim the gun on the enemy and Max Payne will shoot at them in the cut scene format. We can’t even skip these irritating cut scenes. If we press escape key, then the cut scene pauses at the same position. So if I need to get out of the game during cut scene, the only possible way is to go in the task manager and kill the process itself. Even worse experience is when I die. After Max Payne respawns at a checkpoint where he died, I have to wait and watch every cut scene in the way. Also the story is not that interesting that I should take interest in each and every cut scene. The story line is weak, there is nothing great about the characters and to add to it, the lip sync of character is also bad. I think that developers should have given the objective of the game as eliminate all the enemies in the room to view next cut scene.

Re: Max Payne 3 game is a movie actually with full of cutscenes and less gameplay

I completed Max Payne 3 yesterday and I found that game was exciting. I agree that story didn’t have anything unique like in Call of Duty: Black Ops, but it was worth the $59.99. Maybe the balance between the cut scenes and the gameplay was not properly maintained by Rockstar Games, but I think that this game is worth a second play through. The best part of the cut scenes in Max Payne 3 is that they appear during the loading of the game. This saves a lot of time that we would be first waiting for the loading to complete and then again watching the cut scenes. I also think that Rockstar Games should have had extended the fights and the gameplay a little bit.