Thread: Max Payne 3 manual misprints

Max Payne 3 manual misprints

I just purchased Max Payne 3 for PC and I installed it. I was reading the manual of this game to know the basic controls and the new things that are available in the game. This is when I noticed that there was written ‘playing using a joystick’ or something similar on the page number 9 under the section where targeting was described.

First I thought that Max Payne 3 will have connectivity to the single stick joystick that was used in old times. My cousin had one of these joysticks which we thought of trying, but the game didn’t accept it. So after reading the targeting part in the manual once again, my cousin told that this mentioned joystick refers to the joystick on the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 controller. I think that this is a printing mistake done by the manufacturers of this game. I haven’t completed reading the complete manual, but will finish at my leisure time.

Can anyone tell me if they found any other such printing mistakes in the manual? I don’t want to be confused again.

Re: Max Payne 3 manual misprints

I too playing Max Payne 3 on my Xbox 360 and I found a misprint in its manual. Actually, it’s not a misprint, but it fails to describe the content of multiplayer deathmatch available in this game. It is printed that one can play any round of gang war online as well as individually. I can’t tell you the exact sentence they have printed in manual of Max Payne 3, but yes, I can say that it fails to give the complete idea of what we can do in multiplayer mode. Also no specific descriptions of online game modes have been given.

After starting the game and doing some research and exploration over the multiplayer game modes available in Max Payne 3, I found that I can play any type of Gang Wars by creating a private game for my friends. It can be played without any sequence or pre-defined order for first four chapters of this game. The Survivor and the Showdown mode will be the only game mode available after chapter 5. Here in this game, developers have given option to mix any type of game mode with each other. So I can have Gang wars in Siege and the Turf mode as well. One can set maximum of four rounds for these Gang War matches in multiplayer mode of Max Payne 3.

When I was reading the section of playlists, I found that there was something wrong with the description of the ‘Training mode’. I couldn’t understand much of it and proceeded to play the game to get the training first hand that too practically. But when I played the game, training tutorials were proper as the game should have. I read the manual further when I reached the title of ‘Rookie Playlists’. It had the description of the ‘Training mode’. That is when I realized that developers have exchanged the titles of ‘Rookie Playlist’ and ‘Training mode on in the manual of Max Payne 3.

I am playing this game on Playstation 3 and this error can be seen on page number 10 of this manual. Again on the page number 11, where the description of the Gang Wars is given, the title “Last Stand” is again wrong. There is no such game mode in Gang Wars in multiplayer mode of Max Payne 3. Actually after searching in the game, I realized that it should have been “Last Man” instead of “Last Stand”. There is nothing wrong in the description, just error in printing the title.

If you see the description of the Arcade mode section on page 17 in the manual of Max Payne 3, then you will see that there is again a printing mistake which shows improper time that is added in NY minute mode. According to the description of this game mode, killing an enemy brings back some amount of time back in the countdown timer. According to the manual, a normal kill will add 3 seconds back to the timer and a headshot will add 5 seconds back to the timer. But when I played the game, I noticed that killing an enemy added 5 seconds back to the countdown timer while a headshot would add 6 seconds to the timer. Now this is one mistake that Rockstar game should have properly edited in the manual of Max Payne 3.