Thread: Getting Fatal Error! While playing Batman Arkham City Harley Quinns Revenge

Getting Fatal Error! While playing Batman Arkham City Harley Quinns Revenge

I have downloaded Batman Arkham City Harley Quinns Revenge from steam and everything was working fine and I did not had any issues with the game. I don’t know what has went wrong with it suddenly and now when I am trying to play the game then I am getting a Fatal Error!. It says like this
    “Fatal error!
    QA_APPROVED_BUILD_JANUARY_2011 387507 27-09-2011 18:18.21 (Wwise: 2011.1.1.0 3886) Game
    Address= 0x0 (Filename not found).”

I don’t have much idea about the same. Is there anyone who is aware of it and has an idea about a workaround to fix this?? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Getting Fatal Error! While playing Batman Arkham City Harley Quinns Revenge

I have not yet come across this fatal error in Batman Arkham City Harley Quinns Revenge but I have faced the same in Batman: Arkham City. To solve the same I had to install the latest Directx, after that the game was running fine and I have not yet faced the same issue by now. Just try installing the latest Directx from Microsoft site and see if the issue is getting solved in your case as well or not. Best of luck.

Yes I have found a number of people mentioning that they have solved the Fatal Error! In Batman Arkham City by just installing the latest Directx from Microsoft site. If that’s not making any difference in your case then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game itself and see if you are able to get rid of that error or not. If you still don’t have any luck with these possible solutions then check out the directx diag and let me know if you are finding anything to be suspicious there. Just check these things out and let me know what you get so that I can have much better idea about your case and will try to help you with possible fixes.

So now I have tried out installing the latest Directx from Microsoft site but it is not making any difference and I am still getting the same fatal error again. I have also tried out uninstalling and reinstalling the game but I am not having any luck with that as well. I have checked out the directx diag as suggested but I have not found anything as such to be suspicious. Is there anything else that I need to check out or any other solution that I can try out further for fixing this fatal error?? I have played Batman Arkham City earlier and I play it now as well but I have never come across this error. Like I have said I was not getting the fatal error previously while running Harley Quinns Revenge and it started all of a sudden. What do you think might have caused the error?? Any ideas?

Its hard to guess the actual cause of this error but I have come across some people who were getting the same error while starting Batman Arkham City. Later they were able to solve it out by the below solution:
    • First reinstall FULL DirectX after that go in to steam setup>downs + cloud > and uncheck “enable steam cloud” option. After that reinstall Client Games for Windows Marketplace and make sure that you are installing it for pc.
    • When you are done with the same then go in to CGWM-PC> setup and just use the option that will be for deleting players and resetting to factory settings and then go in to steam> library> games property >local games files and verify the integrity.
    • After that checkmark “enable steam cloud” option by going in to steam setup>downs + cloud and Quit steam.
    • Now launch steam and launch the game again and enter the required details for "Client Games for Windows Marketplace"

Just try it out and let me know the response you are getting for this solution. Hope that helps.