Thread: How to Create Indie Games

How to Create Indie Games

Can anyone tell me how to create Indie Games. I had seen that this games are quiet loved by many and there are number of developer who had earned nice amount. I had some knowledge on C and want to start my career in this. Does this a wise choice or not. Because I am sure that branded game companies would never hire a learner. Atleast this can add something to my experience.

Re: How to Create Indie Games

Today Indie Games has taken up a nice amount of market share. The best example I can give is of Humble Indie Bundle V. It consist of 5 most popular DRM free games that you would love to have with you. Collection consist of Bastion, Amneisa: The Dark Descent, Psychonauts, Limbo and Superbrothers: Swords & Sworcery EP. The offer is only valid for 14days. Many of you are wondering that what are the option available in development of Indie Games. I had created this article to provide some highlight on the same. Indie Game consist of group of independent game developers. There are not specific brands here. The games are developer and distributed on web on small fee or for free. The motive is to help Independent Game Development by providing rich gaming experience. The game that are developed under this section are low range. That does means you get poor graphics. They are rich in content. For example Limbo. This game recently got nice hit in market. They are mostly puzzle based. The best part of this games are that they are available on all platforms. You do not require any kind of heavy hardware to play them. In simple words Indie Games can give a new work to start. The development is not complicated. You just need to get specialization in some languages. I am listing some the below with relevant game engine used.

It is actually a teamwork. Because there is a series of work in game development which starts from an idea and then end on a final product. You need a good designer which can think unique and something new. The more creative approach you can have in your game, the more users will be sticked. For example Angry bird. A very nice, easy to use and childish type game loved by all. This game was widely popular. There is no heavy graphics, weapons, etc but still this game has hit record sales.

What really matters here is creativity. No one likes to play dull game. The more creative you are the better game you can make. You need to have a good experience in various factor involved in game development. Basically C++ is the most favorite language that is loved by many. The reason to use this language is that it offer you a better speed and more efficient programs. It also supports 3D. In that way you can generate more rich applications on it. Cocoa is another language which is enough popular among those who plan to make games for Mac systems. Java in comparison to all is the most flexible language. The reason to use Java is that it supports many operating systems. So here a Java games works almost on Windows as well as on Mac or Linux platforms. This reduces the cost of creating a game separately for Mac and Linux platforms. To begin you must start with a small Wireframe. A wireframe consist of the Game story line, the game characters, levels, upgrades, etc. Each and every detail should be recorded and a dummy proforma can be created by designing the same on paper. The more detail you create the more better will be the game.

I have some tips that can be useful. There are certain game developers on web. I will advice you to read their blogs. They offer awesome tips on this. Indie Games needs to be of better quality in comparison to regular flash games. You can learn certain games and understand the concept first. Because it is the actual game concept which matters. Tools which are used in development of this games are like ORX, C4 Engine, 3DS MAX, etc.

Just have a look on Torque 3D. I think this can be a good solution for your game development work. It is not must costly but enough to start a new development work. The reason to provide you this software is that you get pack of stuff that are needed for game development. It offers you good performance and ample of options to buildup your own small games. Other than this, you can also develop rich interface games on this tool.