Thread: Game of Thrones audio sometime produces static and stutter

Game of Thrones audio sometime produces static and stutter

In my computer I have downloaded Game of Thrones from steam and installed it. After installing the game in my computer it works fine but sometimes I get problem with the audio. Normally while playing Game of Thrones in my computer I get audio properly but some time I get stuttering audio which is very irritating?

I have tried to solve this problem by changing the sound setting in the game and but after doing that also I get same problem. I have also checked other sound setting in my computer but I didn’t find anything wrong. I have also downloaded latest version of the DirectX in my computer and installed it and then when I started playing game at that time I get same problem. if anyone have any solution regarding this then let me know.

Re: Game of Thrones audio sometime produces static and stutter

I have read your problem related to audio stuttering and I would like to tell you that many times type of problem can takes place because of the PCI Latency setting to solve this problem you have to change the PCI Latency settings.

I will suggest you to change the timings of PCI latency in your computer. To change the PCI latency in your system you have to first download PCI Latency Tool. Run the same and you will see your graphic card listed there. Simply right click on that. Now choose latency quickset option and then change the settings from there.

You also need to make sure that you select “apply at startup” option from settings in the PCI Latency Tool. If you still face same problem even after trying this solution then let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
    I have tried to solve this problem by changing the sound setting in the game and but after doing that also I get same problem. I have also checked other sound setting in my computer but I didn’t find anything wrong. I have also downloaded latest version of the DirectX in my computer and installed it and then when I started playing game at that time I get same problem. if anyone have any solution regarding this then let me know.
    Have you tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the sound drivers in your computer? If not then I will suggest you to open device manager in your computer and after that you have to right click on your audio devices and select uninstall option. After uninstalling the audio drivers you should restart your system and then install sound drivers again in your computer.

Once you install the sound drivers In your computer after that you should open Game of Thrones in your computer and then see what the result is. I am telling this because in many cases this problem takes place because of the drivers issue and by reinstalling drivers we can solve the problem.

Uninstalling the sound drivers from my computer and then installing it again does not make any difference. Now after that I have downloaded PCI Latency Tool from internet and then I have changed the setting for it but that does resolve my problem. I have uninstalled Game of Thrones completely from my computer and then I have deleted temporary files from my system. Now after that I have installed Game of Thrones in my computer again and then when I start playing at that time I get audio stuttering problem again. What should I do to solve this problem?

You should try to solve this problem by Defragmenting Game Cache Files from steam and then see whether problem gets solved or not? If you don’t know about how to Defragment Game Cache Files then I will help you with it.

You should open steam in your computer and go to the Library. In Library you have to right click on the Game of Thrones and then choose properties. From properties you should go to the local files tab. Now you will see “Defragment cache files” button and you have to click on that. After clicking on the Defragment cache files you have to see whether problem gets resolved or not? May be after Defragmenting Game Cache Files in your for Game of Thrones will solve this problem.

I will suggest you restart your computer and then go to the BIOS setting. In the BIOS setting you have to check whether you have option for the “High Precision Event Timer” or not? If you have “High Precision Event Timer” option then you should enable that and save that setting. Now reboot your PC and then see whether you still get sound stuttering problem or not?