Thread: Iron Front - Liberation 1944 game performance is very bad

Iron Front - Liberation 1944 game performance is very bad

games I have played. I have found that the fps drops down are random. I don’t think that there is anything wrong with my system but It seems asif there is something wrong with the game. I have searched for the same and have found a couple of people having similar issues but I have not yet come across an effective solution for solving this out. So is there anyone who can help me with some trouble shooting methods to run the game fine and get proper fps as well??

Re: Iron Front - Liberation 1944 game performance is very bad

Since you have not mentioned your system specification I just wanted to know that are you aware of the system requirement for this game?
    Minimum System Requirements:
    • Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Dual-Core or
    • AMD Athlon 2.4 GHz
    • RAM: 1 GB
    • Graphics: 512 MB, Shader Model 3,
    • Geforce 8600GT or AMD Radeon 3650
    • DirectX: 9.0c
    • Sound: DirectX compatible
    • Hard Disk free space: 10 GB

Recommended System Requirements:

• Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Phenom X4
    • RAM: 2 GB
    • Graphics: 896 MB, Shader Model 3, Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD5770
    • Sound: DirectX compatible
    • Hard Disk free space: 20 GB

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know the below things:
    1. Your system specification?
    2. Have you tried running the game on different settings along with different resolution?
    3. Have you tried updating the graphic card driver to the latest?
    4. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

If you have not then try out the same and let me know if they are making any difference in your case or not.

I am aware of the system requirement for this game and here is my system specification. According to the specification that I am having I should not have any such issues.
    • GTX 460 1GB
    • Intel Core i7 2600k @ 3,4ghz
    • 8GB RAM
    • Windows xp 64 bit

I have tried running the game on low/medium/high settings along with the possible resolution but it is not making any different in my case. I was having the latest graphic card driver previously and now I have tried using different version of graphic card drivers as well but even they are not helping.

Other than this I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game several times but I am still not having any luck. is there anything else that I need to check out or any workaround that I can try out for fixing this issue??? Any further help for this will be highly appreciated.

I have been facing the same even though my system is far above then the system requirement that has been mentioned for the game. I have been looking after a solution for this issue in different forums and have found people mentioning that the game is based on ARMA II engine which are meant to scale with the future hardware and even though one might be having a powerful system he won’t be able to run the game flawlessly for now. Some people had mentioned solutions like lowering all the visual settings, disabling shadows, running the game on 680x640, no AA. I have tried all this out by I am still not able to go above 30 FPS.

Some players have mentioned that they are getting low fps as well when playing the game on medium (no AA) at 1080p but then they are not having much issue with it and the game is running fie in their case. I am not very sure if all this tricks are actually helping as they have not made much difference in my case but if you want then you can try out the mentioned changes and see if you are getting lucky with it.

Just try it out and let me know if it is helping you out in your case or not. Till then I if anyone finds out some other solution then the ones that has been mentioned here for fixing the fps issue then please let me know. Any help will be grateful.

I have found some people mentioning that even they were facing low fps with this game but they were able to get a bit better performance after trying out the below settings on high:

• Object Detail - Very low
    • Object Detail - Very low
    • Video memory - By Default
    • Post-Process - Very low
    • 3D resolution 100%
    • SMAA on quality 3

Other than this right click on the exe and select propertied and the exe will be like this
    "C:\Program files\AWAR\Iron Front - Liberation 1944\ironfront.exe"

so you just have to change it to "C:\Program files\AWAR\Iron Front - Liberation 1944\ironfront.exe -cpuCount=4 -exthreads=7 -maxMem=2047" and run the game.

I am not sure about this as I have not tried out the same but you both can try it out and find out if it is actually helping or not. Just try it out guys and post back the result you get for this. Hope that helps.