Thread: DiRT Showdown Demo keeps crashing unexpectedly

DiRT Showdown Demo keeps crashing unexpectedly

I have installed DiRT Showdown Demo in my computer and while installing it in my computer I didn’t get any error. When I launch DiRT Showdown Demo in my computer at that time it works fine for some time and then crashes unexpectedly. I don’t know what is wrong with it. I have tried to solve this problem by uninstalling the game from my computer and then installing it again but that does not helped me to fix this issue. I have also tried to find out solution for this problem on internet but I didn’t get anything. Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: DiRT Showdown Demo keeps crashing unexpectedly

What is your computer configuration? You have to first check whether your computer configuration matches with the requirement of the DiRT Showdown game or not, because if it does not match with the games requirement then it can be the reason behind this problem. Below are the system requirements of the DiRT Showdown Demo.

Minimum Requirements of DiRT Showdown
    • Processor: Intel Pentium D at 3.4Ghz, AMD Athlon 64 x2
    • Operating system: Windows Vista or 7
    • Graphics: 8000 Series of Nvidia or HD2000 series of AMD
    • Hard disk space: 15GB
    • Memory – 2GB

Recommended Requirements of DiRT Showdown
    • Processor: Intel Core i7 or AMD Bulldozer
    • Operating system: Windows Vista or 7 (64 bit)
    • Graphics: GTX500 Series of Nvidia or HD6000 Series of AMD
    • Hard disk space: 15GB
    • Memory – 4GB RAM

Also make sure that you have latest graphic drivers installed in your computer and try to start DiRT Showdown game with Antivirus and firewall disabled and then check whether same problem occurs or not? If game works properly with antivirus and firewall disabled then you need to change setting from the firewall or antivirus.

In my computer I have Gigabyte motherboard, 4GB RAM, nvidia gtx 560 graphic card, Intel Core i5 processor 4GB RAM and according to that game should work properly with my computer. I have uninstalled nvidia gtx 560 graphic card drivers from my computer and then downloaded latest drivers from the official site of Nvidia and installed in my computer but after doing that also I get same problem. I have also installed latest version of the Direct X but result was the same after that. Please let me know what should I do to solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

There are many users who are facing same problem because of stereoscopic 3D option enabled, Disabling the stereoscopic 3D option can solve this problem. You can also try this solution. Firs click on the start menu and then select Nvidia control panel from all programs. You have to expand stereoscopic 3D option from the left pane in Nvidia control panel.

Now click on the “set up stereoscopic 3D”.after doing that you have to uncheck “enable stereoscopic 3D”option and then click on OK. After doing that you have to check when your start DiRT Showdown Demo at that time same problem occurs or not? I think after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

After installing the DiRT Showdown Demo in my computer I was also having same issue and first I have tried to solve this problem by uninstalling the graphic card drivers from my computer and then installing it again but after doing that when I have tried to play DiRT Showdown game again at that time same problem occurred. Now after that I have downloaded latest graphic card drivers and installed it but problem does not get solved. Now after that I have come to know that I have to change the graphic setting from the game and after trying different graphic setting I mange to work it properly. What I have done is, I have set water setting to medium and then when I started playing game at that time I dint get any problem. You should also change water setting from the DiRT Showdown game and then see what the result is.