Thread: RE2 and RE3 Heroes characters can be played in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City PC

RE2 and RE3 Heroes characters can be played in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City PC

I was playing the heroes mode in the Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City for the first time yesterday when I noticed that one is given option to select the costume for the characters in it. These selectable costumes include the skins of the old characters from resident evil series. These characters from Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 are favorite characters of many people who have been following the Resident Evil series.

If developers were able to have the skins of characters from past games in the Heroes mode, then it would also have been possible for them to have these skins made available for other game modes in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City as well as in Single player campaign available. It would have been a great fun to go zombie killing using the old characters. What do other people feel about it?

Re: RE2 and RE3 Heroes characters can be played in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City PC

Yes, I too think that heroes from old Resident Evil games should be made available. The website of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City shows that they sold more than two million copies of this game. So I think that releasing the skins of old characters will be fun for the players and fans as well as profitable for the developers. We have seen that Heroes mode already has the skins of the old characters in name of costumes, so the developers don’t have to put any efforts in developing these skins from scratch. Instead they can just provide some option where the player can select the skin of old character to be used in the main campaign. The best thing for the developers to do will be is to make the costumes unlockable after the player has completed the single player campaign story on any difficulty level. So the player will have to play the main story using the default character at least once before they can enjoy their favorite characters. I think that some player who is professional in knowing the codes used in a game will develop some mod or patch to make the skins available in the single player campaign.

Re: RE2 and RE3 Heroes characters can be played in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City PC

I played the Heroes mode in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and saw that there are plenty of skins made available by the developers to play in the versus mode. The only point is that one team can only have six team members to play along with. But if number of team members is also increased by the developers, the one team can have around 14 members each with unique character. I think that developers should see if it is possible and make a dlc for it too.

Also if fourteen players can be in a team that means total of twenty players will be available on a map. So again need for large map arises. This can be a good opportunity for the developers to add to the new features in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and increase the gameplay. This might help the fans to be engaged in this game till Resident Evil 6 releases.

As people are discussing that developers should make available the skins of the old characters in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, I think that this idea is not practical. Being a player you might find it fun and exciting. You will enjoy it for some days, but imagine what the developers will have to go through. When the old characters are made available in the Heroes mode in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City then there they don’t interact with each other neither do they have any major interaction. All they have to do is fight the enemies and nothing else. But as you say that they should be brought in main single player story campaign, then replacing the existing characters won’t suffice.

They will have to be given their original voices when they talk with any other character. Just image Chris Redfield having voice of Vector. Even if developers provide the option to use the skins of the old characters that are available in Heroes mode in the Single Player story mode of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, the players will again complain about it. The players will complain about the lack of voices, lack of body language and the majorly the lack of feel the old characters give. To provide the old characters in new game, it will again take a lot of time for the developers to make it. Redesigning their movements to bring back the old body language, fight style and other such factors will be necessary part of development. And this doesn’t just happen by speaking.

The developers will need to hire more people, invest more resources and most importantly time. I don’t think that a big company like Capcom will ever do such a thing as it must have moved on to its new project.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunal_R.One View Post
    As people are discussing that developers should make available the skins of the old characters in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, I think that this idea is not practical. Being a player you might find it fun and exciting. You will enjoy it for some days, but imagine what the developers will have to go through.
    I agree with your opinion. The whole process of bringing the main characters in single player campaign will be equivalent to development of a whole new game. Even if the developers make it possible, the players won’t be satisfied with it. They will always ask for more without considering the needs of the developers. After old characters are brought in main campaign, the developers will have to think of some background story that will provide reason for their appearance in Raccoon City again. Also since they are back in Raccoon City, some new purpose will have to be developed.

They simply cannot follow the missions of USS or other faction. So such idea needs a whole lot of development rather than just applying skins of old characters over new characters. So I think that this is a bad idea and no one should expect such big things from the developers. Even they are human beings who have their limitations.