Thread: How many maps in Alan Wake's American Nightmare?

How many maps in Alan Wake's American Nightmare?

I played the Alan Wake game and I will soon be proceeding to play the Alan Wake's American Nightmare. My friend who has played it before me told me that there is also an arcade mode in the game. I wanted to know if this arcade mode will be available from dlc or will be available from the game from the beginning. I liked the first game and from the trailer of Alan Wake's American Nightmare, I think that it too will be good. Thus, I will buy the arcade mode maps even if they are available as dlc at some cost. Also I wanted to know what the maps in the arcade mode will be like. Can somebody tell me about the arcade mode in Alan Wake's American Nightmare?

Re: How many maps in Alan Wake's American Nightmare?

Yes, there is arcade mode in Alan Wake's American Nightmare where you will be put in an closed area. This game mode is also called as Fight till Dawn mode as you have to fight and survive from the ghosts till the sun rises. You will have to survive for complete ten minutes in the specified map. The map will have weapons and ammunition spread at various locations which can be used for your own benefit. There will also be certain areas which will have some light. There are five maps in the Fight till dawn mode out of which the first map will be unlocked by default.

You can earn a six minute survivor streak where you have to play without dying for six minutes. There are also many other achievements that you can earn. The best part is that you can kill the ghosts and also dodge their attacks to fill the combo meter which will multiply the score you earn. There are many other factors that will earn you points and achievements. Once you achieve a three star rating in one of the Fight till Dawn map, the next map will get unlocked.

These Fight till Dawn mode can help the player to earn points which he/she can upload on the internet and get on the leader board to compete with other players from all over the world. All these maps have four difficulty levels to choose from, that is, easy, normal, hard and nightmare. To unlock the next map, one will have to earn three stars in the latest map on normal difficulty.

There are five maps in the Fight Till dawn mode of Alan Wake's American Nightmare. The first map that is unlocked by default is the Cemetery. It is typical graveyard with tombs all over and a huge church which is inaccessible in the game. You don’t need any manuscript to enter this map. Here you will find some lamp posts that provide light which can be used for your benefit. The tombs and the graveyards provide a good cover to the player to save himself from enemies’ attacks. The second map in the Fight till Dawn mode in Alan Wake's American Nightmare is the Ghost Town.

This map gives a feel of an old western small town with wooden houses and desert like feel. In this area too you will find certain lamp posts providing light. You will find this same Ghost Town in single player story mode in the Night Springs area. You can take cover between the small spaces and the passages that can be found between the houses of the Ghost Town

Kunal_R.One
    The third map in the Fight Till Dawn mode of Alan Wake's American Nightmare is the Oil Field. It is an old abandoned oil field with many oil pumps and oil storage units. This is the only map which provides largest open space for playing in the whole Arcade mode of Alan Wake's American Nightmare. In this map, the largest oil pump is situated in the centre of the oil field. After few seconds, the largest oil field emits large flames. These flames do not cause any harm to the ghosts, but the light coming from it does some damage to the ghosts near that area.

So if you get to know the time period after which the flames get emitted, you can use it to your advantage while fighting. The fourth map in the Fight till Dawn mode of Alan Wake's American Nightmare is the Caves. This is the largest map in whole game and also is somewhat complicated. In this map you will see a boat which is locked between the mass of land. There will be no water around the boat, but then too the boat is not accessible. Majority of the map’s part will be covered by the boat, so you will need to be moving and fighting along the edges most of the time. The edges of the map will have multiple caves which shows that this place was an excavation point in past. You will find all the tools required for excavation in these maps. Also these caves serve the purpose of storing the weapons and ammunition needed to defeat the ghosts. The fifth map in the Fight till dawn mode of Alan Wake's American Nightmare is the Trailer Park. As the name suggests, this map will have many trailers parked around and also will have many sheds. Many of these trailers and the sheds are accessible to the players as they contain the required weapons and ammunition.

I played the Fight till Dawn mode in Alan Wake's American Nightmare and I loved it. It is the best part in the game as it allows us to fight the enemies without having to care about any mission or restriction. I hope that developers soon rele3ase more maps for the Fight till Dawn mode so that we can enjoy more of this game. Did anyone play on the nightmare difficulty in Fight till Dawn mode? It is one hell of a difficulty and the challenge that the enemies provide is ultimate.