| || |
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Network Error: You lost your connection to the network in DiRT Showdown
If you both are sure that there is no issue with the internet connection in your case then you can check out the below things and see if they are helping you to fix it out or not.
- You might have check-marked "Remember Me." Option while logging in. when you do so your email address, password are stored along with a cookie so when you log-in next time you don’t have to enter the same but sometimes there is a need to clear them. So first Un-check "Remember Me” and delete your email address and password and after that retenr them and try checking out the challenge and see if you are still getting the same error message or not.
- If yes then you can try again later after some time there are possibilities that the issue might be temporary and so, you should also run the game as admin.
- If that does not make any difference then you can try adjusting the firewall. As far as I am aware the McAfee, ZoneAlarm are the popular providers so if you are having the same then go in to the Windows task bar> double-click on the firewall icon and check out the firewall list of permitting/blocking Internet applications, if your game is not in the list then you can Click on “Add a Program to the List” and then point your game and add the same to the permitting list. When you are done with the same then close the firewall and try running the game and check out if you are having the same issue or not. If in case you are running 2 firewall then try disabling the secondary firewall and configure the first one in the above method.
- If you still face the same issue then try resetting the browser. If you are using Internet Explorer then click on Tools> Internet Options> Delete button under Browsing History> Un-check everything leaving Temporary Internet Files checked> Delete. Now you will get a Delete Browser Window History window so don’t interrupt the same and let it complete it process and get closed. When then resetting is done then make sure that you are rebooting the machine. If you are using Firefox then click on tools> Clear Recent History>check-mark all the items> reset Firefox.
- If the issue continues then try uninstalling and reinstalling the game from the Windows Control Panel.
If at all you are still having the same issue after trying and checking out all this then better contact the game support and address them the issue that you are facing with the solutions that you have tried so far and see what they have to say about the same.