Thread: Greatest achievements in Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Greatest achievements in Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Did anyone notice that the movements of Alan Wake in Alan Wake's American Nightmare have been improved a lot. The movements are now more precise and more realistic in this game than the previous game. The best thing that I liked about the movement of Alan Wake in Alan Wake's American Nightmare is the dodging techniques used. The character properly bends down and gets on the side when the button for dodge is pressed. Also the combat style, that is recoil after shooting or the way he hold the weapons have been improved. The developers of Alan Wake's American Nightmare, that is, Remedy Entertainment have brought a nice improvement in the game and I liked it. What do other people think about it?

Re: Greatest achievements in Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Yes, I too noticed that there was something about the character in Alan Wake's American Nightmare as compared to the previous game. I couldn’t find out the difference until you pointed it out now in the question. Yes, I too agree with you about the improved movements that have been given to the Alan wake in Alan Wake's American Nightmare. It almost went unnoticed, but yes the combat movements seem to be flawless now. As you mentioned, the dodging movements have been very well improved. For example, you are fighting against a strong one like like Firefighter and he comes near you and tries to attack, then a well timed press of the dodge button will help you dodge as well as give a sudden sprint in direction you are facing. This was not in the previous game. One could only dodge and then again make Alan Wake Stand in the same position. This would make us vulnerable to the enemies with fast attacking techniques.

Ok, I agree that developers of Alan Wake's American Nightmare have made some improvements in movements but I find it somewhat glitch. Many times it happens so that I press the dodge button and Alan Wake fails to bend down to evade the attacks. I don’t know where the fault lies, is it programmed to work at limited or restricted times only or is there any cool down time so that one cannot use the dodge continuously. It seems like the system doesn’t accept the request to dodge when the key is pressed many times.

I don’t know where the fault lies, is it programmed to work at limited or restricted times only or is there any cool down time so that one cannot use the dodge continuously. It seems like the system doesn’t accept the request to dodge when the key is pressed many times.
    Actually the developers of Alan Wake's American Nightmare have tried to make the movements realistic and that is why you must have experienced the delay in use of the dodge option. Just imagine a real person who has no athletic background bending down. He cannot simply bend down as quickly as an athletic person or some sport person. You can just try yourself to bend down, get up quickly and then again bend down. You might get back ache or lose balance and fall flat on your face. So as I said, one normal person cannot bend more than once in matter of few seconds. Thus you can say that the developers have put a cool down time to use the dodge moves.

Another reason that you might not be able to use the dodge moves must be because you must be too close to some solid object. It is obvious that bending down with a solid concrete wall close to you can lead to banging of head against it. So again to maintain the realism in movements, developers must have put an restriction on use of dodge at certain places.

According to the story, Alan Wake writes the events that occur around him. For example, the people he meets, the enemies he encounters and other such things. Did anyone notice that this time in Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Alan Wake has described himself as stronger person in terms of physique? He seems fitter than in the previous game. Also unlike previous game, it takes more time for Alan Wake to tire out after sprinting. Also he has increased the agility from previous game. He can now dodge better and pick up speed faster when sprinting in Alan Wake's American Nightmare than that in the previous game. If ever remedy Entertainment is planning a next game in Alan Wake series, I won’t be surprised if Alan Wake would be able to move like Ronaldinho.

Other improvements or changes that I noticed in Alan Wake's American Nightmare are that in timings of certain weapons. The time required for the flashbang to explode and flares to emit light has been increased. Also the time taken by Alan Wake to open the weapon cases is in Alan Wake's American Nightmare is more than that was required in previous game. It adds more challenge to the game as one will get more damage if trying to open the weapon case when surrounded by the ghosts. But the best improvement according to me in Alan Wake's American Nightmare is that of adding new weapons and some more enemies in the game. This has actually changed the way of playing Alan Wake game as compared to the previous game.