Thread: Game of Throne Steam Version crash on Preparing to Launch screen

Game of Throne Steam Version crash on Preparing to Launch screen

I have recently downloaded Game of Thrones steam version and have installed the same but when I am starting the game then I am getting an error message saying the below thing.

"Failed to Initialize PhysX Hardware Acceleration. Using hardware accelerated PhysX has been requested, but the drivers were out of date.Please download the latest drivers from nvidia. FATAL ERROR - EXITING"

I don’t have any idea about the same, is it related to the graphic card drivers and so?? I have already updated the graphic card drivers but it is not making any difference and I am still getting the same error message when trying to run the game. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it?? I just want to enjoy the game like others as soon as possible. Any help regarding this issue will be highly appreciated

Re: Game of Throne Steam Version crash on Preparing to Launch screen

In that case just go to Start > Control panel > and uninstall the NVIDIA PhysX drivers and then try running the game again and it should work. The PhysX drivers for this RPG game is already there in the game folder but if you are still getting the same error message then you can try downloading it from nvidia site but just make sure that you are getting the latest one. Just try it out and then let me know if the issue is getting solved or not.

Even I am having issue with the launching of the game but it is different in my case. When I am trying to launch the game then it is just saying preparing to launch" and after some time it says that the program has stopped working and so and closes the program. I have updated all the drivers and the system is up to date by now but I don’t know what all is the issue about. I am launching the game as administrator but it does not seems to be making any difference in my case. Is there anything else that I need to check out for running the game? I have checked out the system requirement for this game and my system specs are way ahead as compared to the game requirement. I don’t think that there should be any such issues. What do you all think about this? What can be the cause of the issue in my case? I have been trying to track out the same but I have not yet got any luck.

See if you want then you can try running the game in the compatibility mode and see if that is launching the game successfully or not. In order to launch the game in compatibility mode just right click on the game exe file and select properties, now in the properties window click on the compatibility tab and select the compatibility option which will be in the drop down box, make sure you are applying and saving the settings after making the changes. When you are done with the same then try launching the game and see if it is helping. If not then you can try selecting other compatibility option also and check back.

If the above solution are not working out for you then you can try out the below two possible solution and see any one amongst them is helping you out. These solutions have been found to be working for people who were not able to run the game, you seem to have the same case, so just give it a try.
    • First click the Windows Start button then Computer and open the Local Disk (C and in that look for the Gameof Thrones Folder which is inside Program Files. You can press G to reach it quickly. In that there is one more folder called as Binaries in that there is a exe file called as UE3Redist. Run that.
    • If that does not help then Run Steam and click Library and then right click on the game and select Properties, now click on the Local Files tab and verify the Integrity of Game Cache button.

Post back if you find the solution to be helping.

Hey guys if the game of thrones is crashing, crashing at menu, crashing on lunching or crashing while playing then you can try out all of the below solutions, one of these should surely help you out.
    • Before starting the game just stop all background applications that are not required. They consume your system resource and you can disable that from msconfig. Type msconfig in run box and go to startup tab. Uncheck items that are not needed and reboot.
    • Delete temporary files and for that Click Start > Run > type %temp% > OK > click Edit > Select All > Delete
    • Disable the anti-virus program that you might be using as there are possibilities that it might be interfering with the game.
    • Press Alt + Tab and check out if your windows firewall is blocking the game or so.
    • Download the latest version of your DirectX
    • Update you Graphic Card Drivers, if you are having NVidia Graphic Cards then make sure that you are downloading and installing the latest graphic card driver. If you are having AMD (ATI) Graphic Cards then make sure that you are downloading and installing the latest AMD Catalyst.
    • If updating the graphic card is not making any difference then rollback to your video card driver.
    • If you are having multi-core processor then try disabling the same.
    • You can try enabling the 3GB switch. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 then Right-click Command Prompt and run the same as Administrator and type “bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072” without the quotes and hit enter and restart the system after that. If that does not make any difference then you can disable it in the same way by “bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa” without the quotes and restart the computer.