Thread: How to get 200 gamescore points achievements in Alan Wake's American Nightmare

How to get 200 gamescore points achievements in Alan Wake's American Nightmare

I have finished playing Alan Wake's American Nightmare yesterday and I was discussing with my friend how good the game was. While talking he told me that he came across the leader board on internet for Alan Wake's American Nightmare and he has seen that some other players have reached the gamescore of 200 points. I played the main story and I also played the arcade mode but still couldn’t reach the score of 200 points. I am currently having gamescore of around 90 points and friend has something around 120 gamescore points. I wanted to know how one can get such large score just by finishing Alan Wake's American Nightmare. Can anybody tell me if there is any trick or any specific method by which one can achieve such a large score easily?

Re: How to get 200 gamescore points achievements in Alan Wake's American Nightmare

From your question it seems that you think achieving a large gamescore like 200 points in Alan Wake's American Nightmare is easy. If you want to easily score large gamescore I recommend that you should play farm frenzy and not Alan Wake's American Nightmare. From my experience I tell you it was not easy getting such a large score. I, myself haven’t achieved it and I am right now on 180 gamescore points. I had to spend many days and hours to achieve it. In one part I had to survive the enemies in the arcade mode for around six minutes without dying. Let me tell you surviving such a length of time even if you have good guns and ammunition at your disposal, it is very difficult. It took me around three to four days of playing Alan Wake's American Nightmare to find a good strategy to gain good amount of points.

You can use the environment and the props that are present in the surroundings of Alan Wake's American Nightmare for your advantage. For, example you need to find objects behind which you can take cover as well as do a good amount of attack on the enemies. This doesn’t mean that you can use every small raised wall or crate for your cover. You must notice that enemies are properly visible and your weapons can do a good attack without you having to get out of the cover. Also when devising such methods you must have enough time to defend yourself from the enemies that might attack from behind.

Re: How to get 200 gamescore points achievements in Alan Wake's American Nightmare

You can use the environment and the props that are present in the surroundings for your advantage.
    In the arcade mode of Alan Wake's American Nightmare you must have played in the Cemetery map. In this map, I prefer to hold my position to the left side of the light which is seen in the picture that I posted. It is just a few seconds walk from the position where the cemetery level starts. When standing near the light, it is obvious that no enemy tries to come near you they keep a safe distance. If ever any of the ghosts manages to come close to you, you can just get inside the penumbra of the light and be safe from the enemy. The only thing that you need to do in the beginning of the level is that you must know the exact places of the ammunition and the weapons in that area. This won’t be possible to achieve in the first attempt itself and thus you need to play it more than once. Once you learn where you will find which weapon and ammunition, you can go in the light. You will need to make few runs out of the light for the ammunition when you are low on them. Thus you need to plan the route by which you can pick up good amount of ammunition as well as don’t get much damage from your enemies.

This isn’t simple as it sounds and you need to have lot of practice. Also you need to have accuracy while shooting as misfiring shots will need to you to get out of safe place many times.

To achieve a high score like 200 gamescore points in Alan Wake's American Nightmare, you need to know the weapons properly. For example, I know the amount of damage a weapon can do on the enemy of every weapon properly. You need to know things like amount of ammunition a gun can have, the range of attacks and number of bullets you gain when you pick one ammunition pack. These details play a great role for developing a strategy in Alan Wake's American Nightmare’s arcade mode. Also I suggest that when playing in the arcade mode, try to get as much high score possible by combining attacks and kills of enemies to gain combo in the first two or three waves of enemies. After the third wave, surviving becomes difficult as enemies grow powerful and come in large numbers. The first two to three waves can be easily defeated by a player who has completed the single player story mode on normal difficulty. When I play the arcade mode in Alan Wake's American Nightmare, I gain up to 10,000 points by just creating a combo of attacks in the first two waves. Also the combo meter is filled when you successfully dodge the enemies’ attacks successfully.

So in the initial waves when the enemies do light attacks, you can fill the combo meter by just evading the attacks before you can start the massacre. I like to hold my position in the center of the ghost town, which is where the stage with stairs on two side and hanging noose is present. This is the place from where the whole area is properly visible and one can see the locations where the ghosts spawn. The only problem of standing there is that you have to constantly evade the grenade thrown by the enemy. If you mange to do it successfully, then you can easily gain around 70,000 points in the ghost town map. Also all the weapons and the ammunition available in that map are easily found from that location. In the ghost town, you need to have a good amount of flares as it can save you in the later waves of the enemies that come to attack you.

To get the 200 gamescore points in Alan Wake's American Nightmare, you need to have twelve achievements that will give you enough bonus points to get the high score. The achievements are,
    • Glorious Dawn: to gain this achievement, you need to till dawn, that is end o the timer in any map of the arcade mode. This achievement will give you 10 gamescore points in Alan Wake's American Nightmare.
    • Poetry in Motion: You need to get a six minute survivor streak and also 1,00,000 points in any of the amp in arcade mode. The six minute survivor streak needs you to survive in the map for six minute continuously without getting dead. From my experience, I tell you it is more difficult than surviving the whole level. This achievement will give you 20 gamescore points in Alan Wake's American Nightmare.
    • Rewrite: It needs you to rewrite reality for the first time in the game. This achievement will give you 10 gamescore points in Alan Wake's American Nightmare.
    • Happy Ending: You need to rewrite the reality for the last time in game. This achievement will give you 25 gamescore points in Alan Wake's American Nightmare.
    • Escape: you need to escape from the Taken into the Motel. This achievement will give you 10 gamescore points in Alan Wake's American Nightmare.
    • Skill beats Gun: To gain this achievement, you need to complete at least one of the arcade maps by just using the flares and the torch. No guns and flashbangs should be used. This achievement will give you 10 gamescore points in Alan Wake's American Nightmare.
    • Enter the Nightmare: To gain this achievement you need to unlock the entire nightmare arcade mode in this game. This achievement will give you 10 gamescore points in Alan Wake's American Nightmare.
    • Survivor: To gain this achievement, you’ll need to get 70,000 points in any of the nightmare arcade map. This achievement will give you 10 gamescore points in Alan Wake's American Nightmare.
    • Pile ‘em high: you will need to defeat 2,000 Takens in whole game to get this achievement. This achievement will give you 30 gamescore points in Alan Wake's American Nightmare.
    • Split Splat: You need to kill the two spawns from the splitter in single shot to get this achievement. This achievement will give you 15 gamescore points in Alan Wake's American Nightmare.
    • Cool It: To gain this achievement, you have to help Dr. Meadows take another look at the skies. This achievement will give you 20 gamescore points in Alan Wake's American Nightmare.
    • One day I’ll buy a Stapler: Finding all the manuscript pages in this game will help you get this achievement. This achievement will give you 20 gamescore points in Alan Wake's American Nightmare.