Thread: Alan Wake's American Nightmare is too short game

Alan Wake's American Nightmare is too short game

Well I have installed PC version of Alan Wake's American Nightmare on my computer. Though this particular game is good enough in terms of graphics but I concluded that is bit small game. Even the price of game is bit higher as compared to quantity of content provided. I am hoping that developer of the game would provide more DLC pack in the future. Let me know about your thoughts after playing this particular game.

Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare is too short game

Quote Originally Posted by gangol View Post
    Well I have installed PC version of Alan Wake's American Nightmare on my computer. Though this particular game is good enough in terms of graphics but I concluded that is bit small game. Even the price of game is bit higher as compared to quantity of content provided. I am hoping that developer of the game would provide more DLC pack in the future. Let me know about your thoughts after playing this particular game.
    Apart from small gameplay AW is pretty awesome. Story, gameplay,, atmosphere and cut-scene are developed amazingly and one would like to play the same. Before this game, I did not played any horror game I was under fear all the time while playing the same. The story of the game is best ever I have seen with any game.

Thats correct, Alan Wake's American Nightmare would give you upto 8 hours of gameplay. So if you are playing on higher level of difficult the gameplay length might increase by 10 hours or something. In my situation the Steam counter was showing 20hours, when I completed first two episodes. I let you know what happened with me in that 20 hours of game play, character were dead several times and even restarted the game as well.

Personally I am not able to figure out why people are supposed to emphasizes on the game length. I would prefer to play 10 to 15 hours of gameplay which would give me lots of fun rather than playing game for 40 hours because their give repetitive kind of gameplay consistently. One should think about quality rather than that of quantity.

The previous title Alan Wake was the story of Alan Wake only. Where as in American Nightmare the story, what could happen if Alan Wake was Lost or Twin Peak. To get the better idea of characters one should play previous title before starting with American Nightmare. However there is relation between story part of both the titles. I know that gameplay of this particular game is bit small but I am expecting that they would provide great content in DLC pack so that we can continue with playing with it. I completed the game on hard difficulty level and even I tried to find as much as thing. it took around 15 hours to complete the same. Well I let you know that there is lots of replayability possible due to story part of the game.

Most importation part of American Nightmare is that levels are not linear at all. If you love to explorer in the game then you will really love to play the same.

The developers have provided very big field that you can explore. Fight till Dawn Mode would give you sense of surprise. I noticed that there are lots of things improved as compare to previous version. The Story mode should be of 4 to 5 hours of gameplay and fighting could be elongated to 25 to 30 hours of gameplay on the basis of player skill.