Thread: Favorite weapons in Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Favorite weapons in Alan Wake's American Nightmare

I have just started playing Alan Wake's American Nightmare and I noticed that strength and the use of weapons have been changed from that in the first Alan Wake game. I noticed that flashbang aren’t as powerful as they were in the first game. In Alan Wake, a single flashbang explosion could kill a horde of enemies at one go and also used to weaken the enemies that were at a distance. But in this game, the flashbang just distracts the enemy and makes them lose their sight on me. Also the way Alan Wake uses the weapons have changed.

In Alan Wake's American Nightmare, my favorite weapon is the hunting rifle. It has a good range and also does a good amount of damage to the enemies. Also abundant amount of ammunition is found in whole game which makes it a reliable weapon. The only drawback of using hunting rifle is it has low firing rate. But it can be compensated if the user has good control over his movement. When playing, if I was being attacked by five enemies, I would shoot the farthest ones with the hunting rifle first and then shoot the near ones. When shot at close range, hunting rifle is able to kill the enemy in first shot itself. Thus, my preferred weapon is the hunting rifle.

I know that everybody must be having their own personal favorite weapon in Alan Wake's American Nightmare. Can anybody share their experience about their favorite weapon?

Re: Favorite weapons in Alan Wake's American Nightmare

My personal favorite weapon is the Magnum revolver and the Sawn off shotgun. They are the best weapons to fight the enemies on the short range. Sawn off Shotgun spreads the bullet at an conical angle which helps in damaging at least two or three enemies in its vicinity. It is helpful as you can kill three to four enemies who are nearby in two shots itself. It also does a good amount of damage to the powerful enemies and is very helpful. I have friends who say that Sawn off Shotgun is not much of use as it doesn’t attack enemies at a long range. I know it has a drawback of only attacking he enemies at short range, but it does a good amount of damage at short range and never has disappointed me. But the best part of the Sawn off Shotgun is that you don’t need to catch the enemies in the torch light. One shot from Sawn off Shotgun and they are eliminated.

To cover the limitation of not being able to attack the distant enemies, I like to use Magnum for it. Magnum too works best on the short range and does a good amount of damage. Some enemies need to be fought with by keeping some distance; this is where Magnum comes into use. When an enemy is trapped in the torch light, magnum can be deadly even for the biggest enemy.

I love using SMG and Assault rifle while fighting the enemies in Alan Wake's American Nightmare. These guns work best on the enemies who are far away from where I am standing as well as good for fighting the enemies that are at short range. Also its quick firing rate allows me to engage multiple enemies in a fight at a time. The best method to kill the enemy is to trap it in the torch light and then shoot its head. A person who can shoot accurately will be able to kill the enemy in one shot itself. With the SMG, I like to spray the bullets at a short range and damage every enemy that comes in its way. It also provides a good escape opportunity when surrounded by the enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by shae View Post
    Also its quick firing rate allows me to engage multiple enemies in a fight at a time.
    If you must have noticed, then when you try to engage multiple enemies at same time, you tend to waste more bullets than you use. When shooting an enemy if you suddenly notice that another enemy has started coming near you, then you switch to next target. During this switching, you actually unknowingly keep shooting most of the time till the crosshair reaches your next target. Also if your target is continuously moving, you tend to lose bullets as the enemy tends to evade most of the bullets you shoot. Again when he is moving, it becomes difficult to aim and thus you tend to damage his arms and legs more than torso or head. When killing an enemy by shooting at its arms and legs you need to spend more bullet than that required to kill by shooting on torso and head. Thus I avoid SMG and assault rifle and only use very less.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunal_R.One View Post
    My personal favorite weapon is the Magnum revolver and the Sawn off shotgun. They are the best weapons to fight the enemies on the short range.
    I agree with your choice of weapon in Alan Wake's American Nightmare. I found that most of the enemies are quick in movement and thus tend to come close to you in time less than expected. Thus using a weapon which provides good damaging power at short range is more useful.

I find the nail gun most interesting weapon in Alan Wake's American Nightmare. It is innovative way of killing the enemies. I know that it is not the most powerful neither it provides a great range for attack. But since I play lot of games an all games have the other guns available in Alan Wake's American Nightmare, it is a new feeling to play using the nail gun. The sound of nail gun is different, the way of using it s different. I just like it.

If I like any other gun other than nail gun, than it would be the crossbow. It has a good damaging power and also works great at short range and long range.