Thread: Can I play angry birds on TV

Can I play angry birds on TV

I have been playing angry birds on my phone and pc but I have heard that we can play the same on tv as well. I don’t know how to do that, I just wanted to know do I need to get something to do the same??

Is there any software that I will have to use?? If it is possible then I will like to try it out as soon as possible. Any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

Re: Can I play angry birds on TV

In that case I had heard that one can play the game via the Roku box on TV, actually it will featured as a channel on the Roku box. The Roku box will be streaming online content to the tv directly but then how to play game on a device without touch-based controls or without an external mouse/joystick? Is still a big question which has not been answered yet, the Roku guys have mentioned that they will be including a remote control for their Roku box but then I don’t think that their controls will be user friendly like the ones we get on the phone and pc.

Currently the Roku XDS is said to be having USB but I have not yet come across the review of the people regarding the use of input devices like keyboards or mice. So currently one can play Angry Birds on their phone, tablets and their pc. I will post the further update regarding the same here as I get it.

Even Samsung have made a partnership with Roivo the developer of the Angry Birds for providing the game on their tv’s. it is said that the games will be available as inbuilt apps but they have not yet revealed which Samsung tv will be having it. I am just stunt with the craze of this game. I mean that It was just there for iphone then it came up for other devices as well, later the game was available to play in the browser and then in both windows pc as well Apple and now this crazy game can be soon seen on television sets as well.

Even I am looking forward to it. Currently I am using Menotek Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter with my HTC Evo 4G Tablet, if you want then you can try out same as well, if you have a phone having Micro USB then you can use Menotek Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter for connecting your phone to the television and get the video output and enjoy the game, the Menotek Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter that I am having works fine with the below phones as well.
    • Samsung Galaxy S2
    • HTC Evo 3D
    • HTC Evo 4G Tablet
    • HTC Sensation 4G
    • Sprint Epic 4G Touch
    • Galaxy Nexus

Yes you can get the “Menotek Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter” and connect it to your tv and phone for playing the game on tv. Some additional details of the “Menotek Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter” are as followed:

• It allows you to connect a Micro USB (5 Pin) port to a HDMI (Type A) equipped device
    • It is having an Improved Remote Control Protocol for using HDTV remote control for controlling the video on the device that you might be using.
    • It allows you to connect MHL Enabled Device to an HDMI TV
    • It supports video resolutions upto 1080p and digital audio

I will like to inform you that MHL (USB Micro-B) to HDMI (Type-A female) is the best adapter for connecting your MHL enabled device to an HDMI TV with an HDMI cable, you have to connect Micro USB Cable to the adapter and HDMI Cable to the TV and after that connect the adapter to the phone, You should not change the order otherwise it will not work out for you, the other thing that I wanted to share is that the Power cable is not included in packaging and you will have to use standard Micro USB charging cable that you might have got with the device, the adapter is said to be compatible with just MHL compatible phones and it will work with HDTV's, for using the RCP just connect the phone to the HDMI port on the TV and then change the below setting:

Menu/Tools > Settings/Input > Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) > MHL Device (Setup) and set Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) to ON.
    Menu/Tools > Settings/Input > Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) > MHL Device (Setup) > Searching Connections.

Here the Menu setting might differ as per the brand of your TV.Below are the MHL compatible phones that have been tested out to work fine.
    • Samsung Galaxy SII,
    • Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    • Samsung Galaxy SII LTE
    • Samsung Galaxy SII HD LTE
    • Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
    • Samsung Galaxy Note
    • Samsung Infuse 4G
    • Galaxy Nexus
    • HTC Amaze 4G
    • HTC Evo 3D
    • HTC EVO View 4G
    • HTC Flyer