Thread: Diablo III download stuck at 99%

Diablo III download stuck at 99%

Today morning I have started the download of Diablo III. So far the download has completed somewhere around the 7 and half GB, I think that it has completed the 7.6 GB installation but on the other hand the downloader still showing that downloading at 99%. It was still there for 30 mins and no changes at all. So finally I had to manually abort it to close the Window. The game was not properly downloaded and installed. So I tried it for the second time and this time also it stucks at 99%. What could be the problem?

Re: Diablo III download stuck at 99%

Actually in this case the last 1% remaining is not about downloading game or something from the server. Actually it is creating a .mpqe game files out of the .part files. You can manually check these things by opening up the folder. There you will see .mpqe files growing in size. Only after the completion of this process, the game will start to install and this process also takes a while to complete. So never assume that the downloader stucks at 99%. Actually it is finalizing the downloader and initializing the installation. Do not terminate or close the process. Let it get finished. It is not going to finish automatically, you have to find the downloader again and run it once more so that it can able to pick up the last few files/complete. It is entirely normal and you don’t need to panic and all.

Yes, I am also getting the same issue.

But I am not going to close it because it has already downloaded up to 99% and I don’t want to waste it. I will just wait for to finish it and hit 100% no matters how long will it takes. Patience is very important. It happens with most of the game downloader and installation process if you are going to purchase a digital edition. It is normal. Just make sure that the OS itself not get froze.

In my case waiting for the downloader to complete its process really helps and the installation went successfully. The fact is it is just unpacking the files. It is taking too much time because it has almost 7GB of files to unpack and it will need more than 15 minutes to unpack and start the installation process. The process is same for most of the games which contain a large size setup file or package. The unpacking process and its speed is completely depends on your system speed and its configuration. If you have a speed processor, then it won’t take much time. This is same for the amount of RAM you have. In my case it takes nearly 25 minutes to unpack.

If your Diablo III downloader really stuck at 99%, you can close the downloader and re-launch and try to download the game to the same folder. At this time, the downloader may start downloading the files from where it left. I hope that it will not replace all files by downloading them once again. Also upon downloading, you might need to disable the antivirus program and firewall installed on your computer. It could give trouble while copying, unpacking and starting the installation process due to a permissions issue. Without the proper authentication or permission, the system will not let you to download and install anything on the computer and make any changes. It will warn you at certain position.