Thread: How to fix unxpected decryption error in Diablo III

How to fix unxpected decryption error in Diablo III

I need help here on this. Got this game as soon a I saw the trailer on the web. The graphic looks really nice and the way the game lay appeared I could not resist. So now I got my pre-ordered copy what you say the digital version. But when I was trying to install the game it was giving me the error "An Unexpected Decryption Error Occurred, Please Contact Customer Support.". I was looking forward to play this game and the stuff like this really very annoying. Well I am sure that there is nothing wrong with my computer for that matte. Anyway, is there anyone here having the same problem that I am having. Is this a kind of bug in the game or there is something that I am missing.

Re: How to fix unxpected decryption error in Diablo III

What can I say it look lie that I am in the same boat. Just yesterday I downloaded the game and when I opened it, everything went well but the moment that I hit the install button the message similar you mentioned appeared on my screen. It was "unexpected decryption error occurred, please contact customer services". I thought to contact the customer support but the fact is that they put on hold most of the time. So I had kept that as the last option. I saw an article that mentioned that moving the setup file from the original folder may fix this issue. I did that also. But still nothing worked out here.

That is really wired, maybe there is some .part extension file in the folder that is causing this issue. Here is what I suggest you to do, just go to the drive that has the Diablo folder, open the folder on the top bar go to the Organize then click on Folder and Search Options. Now in the View tab and "hide extensions for known file types". After doing this you can see the .part extension. If there is any then file can be the issue.

This might be really very frustrating that error that you are getting. I think maybe I can help you with this, first of all you have check that you do not have separate Beta Setup files on your system. This files are available if you had played the beta version. You have to remove that completely. So I moved all to the folders to other part. But still it opened the wrong folder even if I have manually changed the installation path. After having a look on the troubleshooting guide I found that it because of missing .part file what is mentioned in above post. And it was also mentioned that in case of any error run the run the installer once more. It will take auto update from web and fix the issue.

I am not that IT person but if I am not wrong then this issue occurs only when there is some corrupted, damaged or incomplete installation files. So the solution to this will be is to make sure that the download is completed before that you try to install the file , the second thing to look out is that the installation executable file should be in the same folder that that the other Diablo III installation files . that should solve the issue but in case that problem is not solving then the best that you can do is to remove every the files and resume the download

Also you have to see that there should not be any file in that folder that has the .part extension. if you have any file that contain the . part file then that mean that the download is not completed and you need to restart the download again but select the similar location the Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer folder because then it will check the existing file and download only the file that need not download the whole file again . installer to work perfectly it need to be finish downloader on its own . hope this help