Thread: Solution for Diablo III 'error BLZPTS00008'

Solution for Diablo III 'error BLZPTS00008'

I am getting the above mentioned error while playing the Diablo 3. I am getting this particular error message when it supposed to Checking for updates. can you tell me why I am above mentioned issue is happening into my situation? I am waiting for appropriate replies in this particular situation. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Solution for Diablo III 'error BLZPTS00008'

Looking at the situation I am suggesting below mentioned steps to resolve your matter. in this particular situation you should see whether Agent.exe should not be running.

You should browse to following location.
    Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.913
    Here you have to run Agent.exe.

After that you should run Diablo III setup.exe.

You should wait till entire process is getting completed.

Could be possible that back ground process running on your system might be interfering with installation problem?
    • You should execute ‘msinfo32’ without quotes on command prompt.
    • From System information you have to click on + near to Software Environments.
    • Now look for Running Task and click on Edit and select All.
    • After that again click on Edit and click on Copy.
    • Paste all the details over here.
    • Now you have to click on Services and click on the item available at right side.
    • Now you have to click on Edit and Select All.
    • Finally click on Edit and click on Copy.
    • Paste all the information over here so that I can look on the same,

If above mentioned solution does not work for you then you should delete C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder and retry the installation. At h the time of installation launcher would rebuild folder. You should perform below mentioned steps that allow you to resolve issue.
    1. Launch Control Panel by clicking on Start button and look for the same.
    2. Use following steps if you are using classic view.
    3. Go for Folder Options and click on View.
    4. Now you should click on Show hidden files, folders, and drives available under of Hidden files and folders of Advanced Settings.
    5. After that click on Ok button.
    6. You should use following steps if you are using Category View.
    7. Click on Appearance and Personalization. You have to select Show hidden files and folders and go for Folder Options section.
    8. From Folder Options window you have to click on View and simply select Show hidden files, folders, and drives option available under of Hidden files and folders.
    9. Finally click on Ok button .
    10. You should browse to following location.
    11. For windows 7 users should browse to C:\ProgramData\Battle.net and for Windows XP users should go for Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data.
    12. You should delete that particular folder and you should reinstall the game on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    I am getting the above mentioned error while playing the Diablo 3. I am getting this particular error message when it supposed to Checking for updates. can you tell me why I am above mentioned issue is happening into my situation? I am waiting for appropriate replies in this particular situation. thanks a lot in advance.
    I think you should try to install game as administrator of the computer.

You should simply right click on installer icon of Diablo III and click on Run as administrator..

Let me know whether it worked for you or not.

Windows Service for Secondary Logon is disabled on your computer however it should be enabled on your computer.
    1. Launch Control Panel and go for Administrative Tools.
    2. You should select Services and look for Secondary Logon service.
    3. Here you should right click on the same and go for properties. You should check out that Startup Type should not be set to Disabled.

I am suspecting that security software’s such as antivirus of firewall might be causing issue while installing software on your system. what I am saying that you should disable those program on temporary basis and see whether you are able to install game on your system.