Thread: Cant access Modern Warfare 3 servers with Netgear DGN1000 modem

Cant access Modern Warfare 3 servers with Netgear DGN1000 modem

In my computer I have installed Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 game I really like this game but I am experiencing problem while connecting to the Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 servers. In my computer I have windows 7 operating system, gigabyte motherboard, Intel Core i7 processor, NVIDIA GTX 580 graphic card and I am using Netgear DGN1000 modem router. In my computer I am using Kaspersky Internet Securityand first I thought kaspersky is causing this problem and that is why I have opened kaspersky and then opened Settings. From settings have selected Protection Center and then clicked on the Application Control. Now after that I have clicked on the application and changed the rule for Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 game but after doing that also I am not able to connect to the server. I have also unplug the Netgear DGN1000 from my computer and connected it again with no luck and resetting the Netgear DGN1000 does not make any difference. I have connected Netgear DGN1000 with LAN cable. If anyone has solution regarding this problem then let me know. Thank you in advance.

Re: Cant access Modern Warfare 3 servers with Netgear DGN1000 modem

I have read your problem and I will suggest you to set up port forwarding for your Netgear DGN1000 and then check whether your problem get solved or not? before you setup the port forwarding for your Netgear DGN1000 you need to set static ip address in your computer. you can easily set the static ip address with the help of “PF Setup Static IP Address Program” which you can download from internet. Once you setup the setup the static ip address in your system you have to proceed with the port forwarding setting. To setup port forwarding you have to follow these steps.

Open you web browser and then load Netgear DGN1000 setup page, now you have to click on the services option from the left side of the Netgear DGN1000 setup page. Then you have to click on the add custom service and first enter the name anything you want then make sure that you select TCP/UDP type in the dropdown box of “Type”. Now enter 3074 value in the start and finish port box and after that click on apply. Now you have to go to the “Firewall Rules” section and then select add button in outbound service and make sure that action is selected to allow always. You have to also do same for inbound service and then click on apply. Now again go to the service section and then select “add custom services”. Now this time you have to enter 27000 for start port and 27050 for finish port and then click on apply. Now you have to reset your router and then check whether same problem is occurring or not? As far as I know after doing port forwarding setting your problem will get solved.

I was also facing same problem same problem while connecting the server for COD MW3 and then first I thought that problem is with my firewall setting and I have changed the setting but that does not helped me to solve this problem. now after that I have tried to search solution on internet and I have come to know that I need to set up port forwarding for my router. now after that I have setup the port forwarding for my router and then my problem get solved. you should also set up port forwarding setting in your system and then your problem will get solved. If you get same problem while connecting with Modern Warfare 3 then I will also suggest you to open Kaspersky Internet Security and then select Additional Settings tab from the setting and then click on the Threats and Exclusions. Now after that click on the settings button under Exclusions area and then add Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 game there. After that see whether it makes any difference or not?

First I have set the static ip address in my computer and then I have opened Netgear DGN1000 configuration page. After opening that I have setup the port forwarding and after doing that I have closed my browser and then restart my Netgear DGN1000. Now when I launched Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 game but when I tried to connect to the server at that time I get same problem. Is there any setting I am missing or something else is causing this problem. Please help me with this.

You should set Multiplexing method to “LLC – based“for your Netgear DGN1000 modem router and then you have to restart your router. after doing that you have to check whether you can connect to the Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 server or not? I am telling you this because one of my friend was also facing the similar problem with Netgear DGN1000 and then he changed Multiplexing method to “LLC – based“ and then his problem get solved. you have to also open netgear configuration page and then select ADSL setting which you will find under setup and then see what is selected for Multiplexing method. If “VC based” is selected for Multiplexing method then you have to change it to “LLC based” and then click on apply setting. According to me after changing the Multiplexing method setting your problem will get solved.