Thread: Sacred 2: Fallen Angel patch 2.34 unable to install

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel patch 2.34 unable to install

Hello everyone,

I recently bought the game Sacred 2 (British version). When I patch (patch english version) the game everything goes well until Patch v2. 34 or it checks if any file has been modified. I have modified any file but the check still stops at 99% and tells me it can not continue because a file has been modified.

Does anybody else ever had this problem?
    |===================|
    |YAY if that made sense...|
    |===================|

Re: Sacred 2: Fallen Angel patch 2.34 unable to install

The following suggestions have helped people avoid problems installing the patch, it is recommended that if you do need to reinstall and repatch, that you do these things:

• Uninstall Sacred 2 using Windows add/remove programs.
    • Revoke your activation (this can generally be done as a prompt during the uninstall process).
    • Make sure any temporary files are removed, by either using the File Cleaning Utility or by manually deleting any old temporary or log files (note that you must be able to view hidden & system files to see them, locations depending on your computer configuration are here).
    • When you reinstall the game and patch, make sure you do not have any other applications running, especially anti-virus programs.

This fix is for anyone's patch that halts at around 6% or the log says it failed on "Sacred2Updater.dat"
    • Download the file
    • Extract the file to: "sacred folder"/ in my case it looks like C:\Program Files\cdv Software Entertainment USA\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel
    • now moved the old one out of the folder in case it didn't work, i would advise doing so if it doesn't work
    • Run patch
    Attached Files Attached Files

just wanted to say that this worked for me, and i'm very thankful!!

You are my hero - I tried 3 times to install the right version - I was always at 6 %.

worked very well for me too thank you!

I just want to say THANK YOU! I know this is an old thread but... I litteraly used about 10 hours to get past this problem. Expecting that the official forum had a quick answer to this problem I used hours reading threads about this problem on other forum only to get speculated answering in return like: reinstall, make a clean install... I mean this is a really known issue for alot of gamers that have bought the game legally so you would think that Ascaron would use some ressources on it but no... Instead they let their customers sit in the dark with no helpful information. I finally read something about the Sacred2Updater.zip file in their forum but no link..wtf!? I mean come on!! So I searched the file on google and first page that pops up is this thread and voila! I would be ashamed if I was working for Ascaron, perfectly knowing people have a serious problem with the patch and probably also knowing that their is a quick solution that some hero (yes, I mean that) came up with. But do Ascaron choose to make this solution a quick-access-for-all thing on their forum.. No, because you have to use 10 hours of your life getting the game started. If I didn't know better I would have thought it was a part of the game.
    Phew! Had to let out some steam... Thx again...
    Last edited by Rudra; 22-09-2009 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Do not post external links

Quote Originally Posted by Mahisse View Post
    I just want to say THANK YOU! I know this is an old thread but... I litteraly used about 10 hours to get past this problem. Expecting that the official forum had a quick answer to this problem I used hours reading threads about this problem on other forum only to get speculated answering in return like: reinstall, make a clean install... I mean this is a really known issue for alot of gamers that have bought the game legally so you would think that Ascaron would use some ressources on it but no... Instead they let their customers sit in the dark with no helpful information. I finally read something about the Sacred2Updater.zip file in their forum but no link..wtf!? I mean come on!! So I searched the file on google and first page that pops up is this thread and voila! I would be ashamed if I was working for Ascaron, perfectly knowing people have a serious problem with the patch and probably also knowing that their is a quick solution that some hero (yes, I mean that) came up with. But do Ascaron choose to make this solution a quick-access-for-all thing on their forum.. No, because you have to use 10 hours of your life getting the game started. If I didn't know better I would have thought it was a part of the game.
    Phew! Had to let out some steam... Thx again...

Worked for me too. Thank you robodude!
    P.S. I have UK version.
    Last edited by black64er; 12-11-2009 at 02:32 AM.

You're welcomed. Keep Posting and keep helping guys, The time is for community based lives, Open Source will be the ruler in the coming days [If the world doesn't end in 2012 ]

I agree.

I can't access to the files!!!
    Is It still there???

someone renew please files !!!!!

remembering how much I had a problem finding this one for remedy of bad install procedure...
    I wish other can enjoy the fine cure of robodude.

here is the rapidshare link

enjoy!
    Last edited by FReakMaster; 08-07-2010 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Unrecognized link removed

I think that the moderator of this forum has removed the link for the Sacred 2: Fallen Angel patch, however, I have found another update for this game which is uploaded below and can be downloaded directly from the attachment. Once downloaded extract its content from a tool called winrar or winzip which is freely available for download from the net.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you, Robodude and Amol21! I finally was able to patch to 2.34 :p
    Sacred has a history of bugs and nuisances, which is a pity because otherwise it's a rather nice Diablo-like

Great. It Help Me Very Much. Thanks For Share.

Happy New Year =))

And the love just keeps comin' Thanks folks!