Thread: Bought Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and returned on same day

Bought Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and returned on same day

I purchased Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City yesterday and started it. I played till some missions and then found that game is very boring and has many glitches. One can actually see zombies intersecting with certain walls and some zombies freezing or attacking like dumb in some other directions where there is nothing to attack. When I played for some hours, I was so disappointed that I thought of returning it immediately. But alas I couldn’t do it as I had already broken the sea and there was no valid reason other than glitches that could get me the game replaced. What do other people feel about it, is Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City good enough to be purchased and played again?

Re: Bought Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and returned on same day

I know that the single player campaign of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is very boring and has many glitches that make the game almost unplayable. But did you try playing the multiplayer mode of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, it is awesome and I am sure that you will love it. The graphics of this game are quite good and satisfied me as they are fine for game from Resident Evil series. Graphics and the textures used for the outdoor environments in the Raccoon City are designed very well. But I felt that as compared to the textures used in outdoor areas, the graphics in the interiors, that is rooms and inside part of the building were very weak. Also there is a lack of zombies in this game. It seems like there are less number of skins developed for zombies by the developers. So that’s why they needed to rotate the same skin more than once in this whole game. Actually this is easily noticeable as you will often encounter a similarly dressed and similarly wounded zombie many times. In one of the scenes, I actually killed a zombie wearing the green t-shirt and had face torn on the right side. Again in the next horde same zombie came back to attack me. After this, I noticed similar zombie in various part of the game.

If textures of the zombies are considered than I think that Brain Suckers and Drain Diemos are the best textured of them all. Also in many parts, it seemed like textures went flat and lowly detailed on the distant objects, especially grounds. It gave a feeling of environment being barren. The character animation done in this game is also good. So overall, I don’t feel like I will ever play this game again. If only the developers release some dlc for more missions or something really exciting, then I would like to replay this game once again.

I think that this game is too short on the time which I required to play and found the AI very dumb on both sides; my enemies and also my team mates. The first problem that I found with the AI is that, in my team no AI takes his/her own decision. Every of them keeps walking behind me and never takes the lead. When they encounter any enemy, they’ll just shoot for some time and then go under cover and behave as if they are just supporting. They never take first chance of killing the enemy even if they have an easy chance. Also the enemy AI will only attack me even when it has my team mates to attack. The zombies or opponent’s team will attack my team mates once by firing some rounds and then will concentrate on attacking me. Also it seems like my team mates bullets don’t even hit the enemies bodies and they are just randomly firing because they are provided with guns and programmed for it.

I was playing once as Vector who has power to cloak and stealthily attack. So the basic power of cloaking provides, cloaking up to ten seconds and when upgraded, the maximum amount of time till which I can remain invisible is thirty seconds. But when playing against him, it seems like he can remain invisible forever and has no limit to his cloaking ability. I think that developers should have provided an option using which we would be able to pull the injured team mates around the corner or behind some cover. I was playing as Marines, when one of my team mates fell down and went to become injured. He was being constantly attacked by the enemies and all he was doing was to lie there.

I found that controls and the way one can control the movements of the character very badly designed I this game. The aiming system is very jerky and also doesn’t provide accuracy. It has worst type of combat system. This game features auto cover system in which when a player sticks to a wall, he will automatically get in covering position. If you walk up to a small crate or low level wall, the character will crouch behind it. It became so irritating that I stopped playing Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. I would run up to some distance and then suddenly some obstacle would come and my character would stick to it. Similarly, I was once firing on a zombie and strafing along with it to save myself from his attacks, when suddenly a wall came behind me. To stick to the wall, my target was messed and I missed the zombie. The zombie killed me which actually led me to this frustration. Also if the developers of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City were so interested in making this game more tactical than usual shooter then why didn’t they provide option to make your character crouch or go in the prone position. Yes, this game doesn’t allow the character to be crouched or go prone.

The game was so hyped that I thought it must be great to play a new story just for a change from usual characters. Also introduction of more human characters led me into thinking that the story must be great. But the story was just a normal story, there was nothing new about it nor was there anything that would make the game standout in other games. Also I found that guns provided in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City were inconsistent in terms if their use. The guns which seemed to do more damage actually work like toy guns. Also the range of the guns seems improper. The range of shotgun is very large as compared to shotguns in other games and in reality. Aiming of many guns is very bad and inaccurate. The worst thing that the developers did was to introduce the Nemesis mode. They offered it to the people who purchased the game for Xbox 360 and PC, but never offered it to Playstation 3 players. But again, even this Nemesis mode didn’t live up to its hype. It was just another mission where you were given a heavy machine gun and was asked to kill every enemy in your sight. There was no innovation or anything unique to make it exciting. There was lack of character development and all the old zombies were again sed. I too think that Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City isn’t worth buying and should be avoided.