Thread: 5.1 And 7.1 sound fix for Risen 2: Dark Waters

5.1 And 7.1 sound fix for Risen 2: Dark Waters

Hello friends, I would like to know that what the solution to fix this problem is, I was trying to search on the internet but I was not at all able to get anything, even visited the official game website then also there was no information about it. I have heard that the solution for this is being released, but I am not getting it. So is there anyone who does know the solution, if you know then please share it over so that I will be able to fix it for my game. Please help me out, thank you.

Re: 5.1 And 7.1 sound fix for Risen 2: Dark Waters

Yes the solution has been released and will be available with the next patch, so it will be nice if you wait for that patch. But when I was searching for the solution then founded one, which has solved it, but it was for windows 7 uses only. I would like to tell that what it was saying, first thing which it has stated that you need to get Virtual Audio Cable 4.10 such that this is only cable which is being supported by windows 7. After that just unzip and start the setup.exe or setup64.exe. When you are done with the installation then go to this path “C:\Program Files\Virtual Audio Cable” and over there runs the vcctlpan.exe. When you have run that exe file then on the upper left corner it will be showing you Cables 1, after that you click on exit.

It will run as need to start the 1x for the Cable in system manager. Now you will be having that speaker icon in windows task bar, just right click on that and click on device in speaker section. Now in that just set the Line 1 to the standard audio device, once done with that just start audiorepeater.exe which is located in the folder. When run that exe file then for Wave select Line 1 and for wave out just select the sound device of yours, which is connected with the system. After that set the Channel config to 7.1 Home Theater and also change the Priority to Realtime and click on start. After doing all these settings you will be able to play the game with your 7.1 sound systems, so just do it and enjoy.

Re: 5.1 And 7.1 sound fix for Risen 2: Dark Waters

Even there are some other problem which is related to sound which is happening in the trial version, I have tried to work on that but there is no proper solution, but ended up with temporary solution such that you need to go to desktop press STOP and START so that you are able to gain 5 minutes of silence in-game, other than that best option is to purchase the full version of this game or better play it without any sound on 7.1/5.1 speakers. Other than that there is no solution for trail version of all. If you are having the full version then I would also suggest waiting for patch which will be surely fixing this problem.