Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012

Risen 2: Dark Waters always start in left screen instead of right screen

I was willing to play this game as I thought its concept is something different form all recently launched games. I previously played some sports game but now moved towards action games as gaming industry has quite well developed in action series. So when I purchased this game and played through, it was starting up in my left screen. I do not know much regarding the same and just tried with setting my screen to default center. Additionally, I made some settings by disabling both left and right screen in windows but was not with positive result. So what could be the exact reason this game is behaving in this manner. I do have other games which I play frequently but didn?t noticed such behavior. Can you suggest me some tips in this case to solve this case.
Old 11-05-2012

Re: Risen 2: Dark Waters always start in left screen instead of right screen

According to me, I found some information from some sources that this game does not support eyefinity surround monitor. It also came to my notice that it was not even running in the resolutions when manually editing the Config File. So you will be having this one
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Risen2\Config\ConfigUser.xml
and you need to change your resolution
Code:
<Window
			Top="0"
			Right="5040"
			RefreshRate="60"
			Left="0"
			Bottom="1050"
			AdapterNumber="0"
		>
\Steam\SteamApps\common\risen 2\data\ini\ConfigDefault.xml
you will be then having an <GUI> section with common aspect ratios. And you need to add 48x10 aspect ratio:
Code:
<Aspect48x10
        VirtalWidth="1728"
        VirtalHeight="1080"
        EnableDrawScale="True"
      >
Old 12-05-2012

I have some additional information which might help you. So you need to edit the ConfigUser.xml located at %AppData%\Local\Risen2\Config\configuser.xml. there can be another possibility that you might be that the parameters in the ConfigUser.xml file are mistaken.
In the section Window, you should confirm that the values are accurate:
Code:
AdapterNumber="0"
Top="0"
Bottom="768"
Left="0"
Right="1024"
RefreshRate="85"
On the other hand, you are also able to try to rename the ConfigUser.xml file.
If you are with windows XP, the config file is in Documents and Settings\%USER%\Local Settings\Application Data\Risen2\Config\ConfigUser.xml and for Windows 7, the config file is in %Appdata%\Local\Risen2\Config\ConfigUser.xml
Old 12-05-2012

Previous post may be saying it correct as you need to edit the file %AppData%\Local\Risen2\Config\ConfigUser.xml, section Windows as follows

Code:
<Window
			Top="0"
			Right="5040"
			RefreshRate="60"
			Left="0"
			Bottom="1050"
			AdapterNumber="0"
		>
Make sure that you have added the line AdapterNumber="0" if not present. And then you need to edit the file ..\Steam\SteamApps\common\risen 2\data\ini\ConfigDefault.xml; in <GUI> section, add

Code:
<Aspect48x10
        VirtalWidth="1728"
        VirtalHeight="1080"
        EnableDrawScale="True"
      >
The values must of course be adjusted to reflect the distinctiveness of your screen.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , ,