Thread: Which is the best weapon to choose from Risen 2: Dark Waters

Which is the best weapon to choose from Risen 2: Dark Waters

I have played Risen 2: Dark Waters and almost have reached to the end of the game. During this whole game, I have seen that developers have put a lot of weapons in the game for use of player. I liked the ranged weapons like pistol and Muskets more than the melee weapons. I know that everybody must have their own opinion on weapons in Risen 2: Dark Waters. I wanted to know opinion of different people on choice of their weapons in Risen 2: Dark Waters.

Re: Which is the best weapon to choose from Risen 2: Dark Waters

I too agree that firearms are best to use in Risen 2: Dark Waters. They can be very effective when used with skills like thievery. Firearms are very useful when it comes to dealing with the mob or a large group of enemies. You can shoot at long range or you can also while remaining hidden behind some object and shoot the enemies. The best thing about the pistols according to me is that they can be used as primary weapon as well as secondary weapons in the Risen 2: Dark Waters. So if I equip my character’s primary weapon as pistol and also the secondary weapon as pistol, then I can actually use the dual guns to attack an enemy. But on other side, it makes difficult to use melee attacks. Some enemies don’t get much harm from firearms and thus one needs to use melee attacks on them. Also the Muskets are good for using. But for that, one needs to make the Inquisition their alliance. Another drawback of the pistols is that they take long time to be reloaded. But with the dual pistol system one can spam the attack keys and use them efficiently to create mayhem for enemies. One needs to have good touch on gamepad to rotate weapons while using pistols. If there are large numbers of enemies around and ammo of pistol ends, then one must be quick in switching the weapons before enemies attack us.

I think that the combination of Pistols and Voodoo is the best attacking weapon in Risen 2: Dark Waters. Voodoo can be used to control the minds of the enemies and make them fight against each other. For example, the other day, I was attacked by two gorillas. Fighting one at a time was very annoying as they are large in size, have a good amount of strength and also have speed. It was useless fighting them with guns as well as melee weapons. In order to save me from getting hit, I couldn’t aim properly and also I couldn’t go near them to attack using melee weapons. So I used Voodoo on one of the gorilla to make it fight with the other one. Taking advantage of this opportunity, I started shooting the other one who was not under my control. It saved lots of bullets and time.

I think that melee weapons like Swords are very useful. They tend to kill the humans easily and are also useful against many other enemy units. I know that they are tough to master and use as every time you need to go near the target every time, but at least one doesn’t have to worry about reloading and end of ammo. Also the melee weapons save bullets needed to kill the small animals and normal humans like dacoits and thieves. They are good against almost all the enemies in Risen 2: Dark Waters except for the ghouls. I need to use pistols or other firearms to fight against the ghouls. With a good combination of jumps and sideways walks and rolls, you can efficiently use melee weapons to fight against most of the enemies. I think it is good to have a companion with us who has gun. The AI doesn’t miss their targets. So it is useful to have an AI companion with pistol to accompany you while you use melee attacks. In this way, Voodoo and melee weapon seems to be the best combination to use in Risen 2: Dark Waters.