Thread: Stuck on Sabotage quest in Risen 2: Dark Waters

Stuck on Sabotage quest in Risen 2: Dark Waters

I am currently playing Risen 2: Dark Waters and I am stuck on a mission by name ‘Sabotage’. In this mission we have to sabotage the cannons of the army. This mission comes after stealing the Black Betty. In this mission, we have three cannons that we need to sabotage. I have sabotaged two cannons out of three. We have to use the stealth method to do this and avoid getting caught by the guards. Here I am in front of the third cannon and finding a way to sabotage it. There is a guard by name Benito standing near it. According to the description of the mission, we have to either wait for the guard to sleep, walk away from that place or we can talk him into going away from that place. But it seems that this guard is bugged and does not sleep or move from his place. Also there is nothing around to create distraction or anything that will help me hide my activities. How do I sabotage the cannon without getting caught by the guard? Is there any alternative method for this? Has anyone completed this mission?

Re: Stuck on Sabotage quest in Risen 2: Dark Waters

From your question it seems that you haven’t understood the game properly. The behavior of the AI changes according to the time in the game. If it’s night, the AI will behave differently as compared to its behavior in the day time. Near the place where the third cannon according to your gameplay is, you can talk with the guards and send them on patrolling except for Benito and another guard nearby Miguel. If you come at this same place at night, Miguel will go inside the barn behind Benito in your screen shot, while Benito goes down to the bar for a drink. So now at the mid night there will be no guard near the cannon and you can easily sabotage it. Just keep a lookout for patrols roaming in that area. If you reach there during day time, you can go in the nearby barracks to sleep till mid night and then return to sabotage the cannons.

Re: Stuck on Sabotage quest in Risen 2: Dark Waters

If you are impatient and don’t want to travel back to barracks and sleep till midnight and then again return to the cannon, you can just sabotage the cannon in from of Benito and run away from that place. These guards are not of higher level and thus will leave you after chasing you for some time. If still you can’t manage this, then last alternative is to stealthily knock out Benito and Miguel. If anything goes wrong while knocking them out, they’ll raise an alarm. So now you’ll need to kill them and run with a army chasing you.