Thread: black screen at startup of Warlock: Master of the Arcane

black screen at startup of Warlock: Master of the Arcane

I have downloaded and installed Warlock: Master of the Arcane from steam but when I trt to launch this game in my computer at that time I get black screen. In my computer I have windows 7 operating system, Gigabyte motherboard, Intel core i7 2600k processor, 8GB RAM, Nvidia geforce 580 gtx graphic card. I have open steam in my computer and try to solve this issue by clearing the game cache file but that does not make any difference. I have also uninstalled Warlock: Master of the Arcane game from my system and then delete all the temporary files and then I have installed game in my computer again but then also I was having same problem. I have tried to find solution on internet and I come to know that firewall can also cause this problem and that is why I have disabled firewall in my computer and then try to launch Warlock: Master of the Arcane again but problem does not get solved. if anyone have solved this problem then let me know.

re: black screen at startup of Warlock: Master of the Arcane

I have read your problem regarding black screen with Warlock: Master of the Arcane game and according to requirements of the game your computer specification is ok. First I will suggest you try basic solution to solve this problem. Remove graphic card driver from your computer by running driver cleaner from your computer and after deleting the drivers from your computer you have to restart your PC. Now you have to insert your graphic card driver CD in your computer and then install graphic card drivers again and after installing the graphic card drivers you have to check whether you can play Warlock: Master of the Arcane game or not? if after reinstalling the graphic drivers in your computer also if you are facing same problem then you have to go to the official site of the graphic manufacturer and then you have to download latest graphic drivers for your computer. After downloading that install it in your computer and then you have to check whether your problem get solved or not? Sometimes by performing these basic steps we can solve this problem..

As far as I know this problem takes place when direct X is not up to date in your computer and that is why I will suggest you download latest DirectX from internet and then install it in your computer. After installing it in your computer you have to see whether Warlock: Master of the Arcane work properly in your computer or not? If you get same problem even updating the DirectX in your computer then you should try to start Warlock: Master of the Arcane in safe mode and then see what happens? to start Warlock: Master of the Arcane game in safe mode you have to first open steam and then go to the library. Now after going in to the library you have to right click on the Warlock: Master of the Arcane game and select properties. Click on general tab. You will see set launch option button click on that. After clicking on the set launch option button you have to type “SAFEMODE=1” and then click on OK. After doing that click on OK. Now you have to launch Warlock: Master of the Arcane game and then check whether same problem occurs or not?

I was facing same problem after installing Warlock: Master of the Arcane in my computer and first I have thought that problem is with the game and because of that I have tried to get rid of this problem by reinstalling the game in my computer but after reinstalling the Warlock: Master of the Arcane game in my computer also I was experiencing same problem. Then I have downloaded latest graphic drivers in my computer and then installed it, but when I started Warlock: Master of the Arcane game after updating the drivers at that time I get black screen again. Now after that one my friend I have suggested me that I need to reinstall .NET framework in my computer and then I have tried that solution and then my problem get solved. I think you should also try to fix this problem by reinstalling the .NTE framework in your computer and then your problem will get solved.

Re: black screen at startup of Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Even after reinstalling and up[dating the graphic drivers in my computer also I was facing same problem and then I have also tried to solve this problem by downloading and installing latest directX in my computer and after installing the latest Direct X when I start Warlock: Master of the Arcane game at that time I didn’t get black screen and game started working. now the only problem is some times I get very low FPS while playing this game. I have changed all the graphic setting from the Warlock: Master of the Arcane but then also I was facing FPS problem with this game. I have also changed the resolution of the game and then when I start playing at that time same problem occurred. what should I do to solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

You can try to fix this problem by performing this steps.

• Click on start menu.
    • Select all programs.
    • Select nvidia control panel.
    • Click on mange 3D setting option which you will find under 3D setting.
    • In global setting tab you have to select Ant aliasing - FXAA option under “specify the settings for this program” box.
    • Now turn off Ant aliasing - FXAA and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not?

Yes turning off the Ant aliasing - FXAA option from Nvidia control panel setting will resolve this option. in my computer I was having same problem while playing game and then I have changed the settings from Nvidia control panel and after changing the settings my problem get solved. if this idea does not help you to solve this problem then you should click on the program setting tab in mange 3D setting tab. And then click on browse and select Warlock: Master of the Arcane game launch file and then click on apply settings button.