Thread: How long does it takes to finish Risen 2: Dark Waters game

How long does it takes to finish Risen 2: Dark Waters game

I am currently having my exams which will end in next four days. After I finish my exams, I will be having a short vacation of around one week. During this vacation I want to play a video game from adventure genre. I watched the trailer of Risen 2: Dark Waters and found that it suits my choice. I will be downloading it in coming days. But before I play this game, I wanted to know how much time one requires to complete Risen 2: Dark Waters. If it will take too long, I won’t play it as I cannot stop playing the game till I know how it ends. Nor can I play it after my vacation gets over as I will need to resume my studies again. So can anyone tell me how much time they took to complete Risen 2: Dark Waters?

Re: How long does it takes to finish Risen 2: Dark Waters game

I played the game for around three to four hours daily. It took me around thirty five hours to complete the game. I did all the story related missions, then I also did almost all the side quests, found all the hidden items and also completed the Treasure Island dlc. Without Treasure Island dlc, you can save up to six to seven hours of the game time, but then you will be compromising on the fun of the game. Let me tell you one thing, the game time that I have taken for completing Risen 2: Dark Waters may not be same to you. You might take more time or also complete in less time than me.

In Risen 2: Dark Waters you get many options regarding the game play. You can play the game by joining some faction or be leader of some faction. So the time required changes according to it. Also you might skip some mission which will result in saving your time. I watched every cut-scene for the first time and then skipped it. Even the time in which a cut-scene is played is counted in game time by Risen 2: Dark Waters. Also it can happen that you find some mission hard to complete and your time will be spent at it. I don’t want to sound negative; but game time depends on a style in which a specific person plays. You might also be good at gaming and find way to complete a mission better than me. This can also save a lot of time. Maybe you are more acquainted to RPG games like Risen 2: Dark Waters than me and can play them better. So my suggestion is that you don’t compare game time with anybody else. Rather I’d tell you that you can complete the game within week time and then resume your studies again.

Re: How long does it takes to finish Risen 2: Dark Waters game

I played the game for around three to four hours daily. It took me around thirty five hours to complete the game. I did all the story related missions, then I also did almost all the side quests, found all the hidden items and also completed the Treasure Island dlc.
    It makes me laugh when somebody says that it took them thirty five hours to complete a game like Risen 2: Dark Waters along with Treasure Island dlc. The game is kind of a draft copy of what it should actually be. There are many bugs which makes the enemies miss you or sometimes ignore you while attacking. One can take advantage of it and overpower them. Also there are lots of bugs in the texture and thus the secret passages and platforms don’t seem to be well hidden. If you are a regular gamer, one look at environment and you can notice hidden secrets easily visible. Also as the game comes to end, your character becomes so powerful that you can easily beat almost all enemies. So I’d say that you can finish Risen 2: Dark Waters along with the Treasure Island dlc in less than twenty hours. These twenty hours will include completion of story, side quests and also collection of hidden items.