Thread: Patch notes of Risen 2: Dark Waters

Patch notes of Risen 2: Dark Waters

I expect this game patch for 90 Euro including support. I want to play this thing at some point again, but without all three parameters to pass and be sad about that which was hardly used potential. For the community, the PB / DS support are Gothic, you should probably not "still" upset over previously has to been done (soon, bugs, DLC disaster). This game bugs me very much and because of that my friend laughs at me constantly why I bought Steel Beard treasure and can use all the DLC without the CE or 23 Euro for additional spending.

Re: Patch notes of Risen 2: Dark Waters

Basic message, however, that is Risen 2, the previous low of PB. I have to throw up while playing, but not the game offers in comparison to the Gothic series and Risen 1 neither the size of the game world (you have to think about how old Gothic 1 and 2 again), nor the character development such as you might expect from games. Compared to modern games of the same genus, it is almost laughable. About the points is surely a matter. It's just like everything in life is often merely the subjective opinion (in this case, mine) and counts the customer brings or scared.

Well, I do not agree. I have lots of fun while playing Risen 2. I do not think it will be worse than R1 or G3. It has exactly the same advantages and disadvantages of them. The fight takes place (prepatch) very gothic like third. After the patch, it is rather easy to me. But there are just opinions only. And you can even confrontational way, without offending the other, and above all without grossly exaggerating manifest.

For me it is 43MB update, I am actually really very much frustrated with all kind of updates which never has an update log, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 has also been updated not only once in fact it has updated two times in past some days that too without any changes in logs, So I am just not able to understand that is it that difficult to know or they can tell us what they have updated in the latest updated patch.

In the new patch to solve some problems Risen 2, and added new features for Risen second the main changes concern the fighting system. It is now possible to avoid with the right mouse button and a double-tapping the movement keys enemy attacks. In addition, now, attacks many monsters and creatures of the jungle South Lake will be blocked. On the technical side visibility, vegetation and the appearance of distant objects have been improved. The update can be downloaded via the Steam client.

Bugs after the patch (1.0.1210.0):

- Fools juice and oil leather, one can always produce (not yet - Players will now receive the item-Fools juice after brewing)
    - The parrot exploit is not fixed (- Various exploits removed)
    - Sword master of Alvarez cannot be learned (- fixed a bug in the learning of specific skills) and struck again
    - Player when loading a saved game no extra HP. You must first create life again. (Capacity: quack) Oh, and the "new combat system" with this rolling in silk is a disaster. It is often hit in the back. An option to disable on/would be very desirable.

First of all thanks for the rather rapid and welcome patch! However, the changes will come to me in the fight against something too radical system: First, because the combat role does not really looks like fencing, but rather appears as though it is the nameless hero can secretly trained at the Shaolin. Second, the fight against the fauna has now been turned into the opposite extreme.

In my humble opinion it would be better to replace the role of a simple evasive action, similar to the first part. It would be ideal if it did not seem so arcading, but rather like a stronger alternative parade. In the counter-parade there is a standing evasive movement, when I'm not mistaken. Something like that would better fit into the overall concept and would be so authentic. And finally, authenticity is your great strength!

And in the battle against the beasts, perhaps you ought to ask the question again, where it makes any sense to be able to parry the fierce assault of an animal or monster. Perhaps a higher error rate against the fauna would be useful. This must represent a better balance between the tactical possibilities (as before in the fight against human opponents) and a friendly balance of realism to be found. In Order it should also have a strong differentiation between humanoid and animal enemies are!

Move away in mechanics is something that missing in the original CS, the GG Piranha Bytes. But the implementation is wrong. The nameless is not Geralt of Rivia. The game is incredible with sophisticate animation in swordplay, choice this is wrong. Maybe they could give opportunity to do a little sidestep. For escape in any case, I understand the realism that it's not possible to stop a monster, right? Every monster has a outline. Giant crab for example, you see movement and you can "read" the attack. It seems like they totally betrayer their vision. Now the game seems Fable. Please Piranha Bytes, go back with this patch. We can discuss which is the better implementation for everything.

I must say honestly, surprised me every time such statements. The ones that do not support the game or who need to push open some specific functions, but this is not easy to use. Who does not like MAP/need to call it should not? Anyone who bothers to the lack of drinking animation (this lack of attack by the opponent) to use, will not be uncertain no healing potions during the fight. Roles and functions of the block are also not to be used. I did not know for example that such a feature was built into Risen, so they've used before. If this game is too easy, may not extend the hardness. The nice thing is that everyone is playing like he is or was felled.

Timing for parry, it is simple and easy to introduce. Only for that monster is reasonable you can block attack (surely not for giant crab). In any case take a stance of The Possibility and block, just is it now. Another thing: I did not even notice against human adversary is too simple take a stance for no damage. CPU attacks you, kick you, using tricks, but allow us to take an AI stance for too many times. Just after a few second where you are pressing right mouse, your guard should be beat.

My friend had to load only about 40 MB; however I had to load 2.5GB. Although we both had the same modifications made to the config (changes primarily affect the visibility of objects and the landscape). Since he has lame internet, and I have a good fast internet, we both had the same time to download it. But thanks for the clarification. And I would like to thank you briefly Risen 2 is a great game. The new patch is just one reason to gamble again. Good and comprehensive work. That must say sometimes, because developers are only human.