Thread: 3 "Day-1 DLCs" of Risen 2: Dark Waters

3 "Day-1 DLCs" of Risen 2: Dark Waters

I was just thinking about this game and was waiting for this game but DLC Policy Deep Silver is driving with this game is really very bad. And actually I have started this thread to just tell everyone who doesn’t know much about this as this game has 3 "Day-1 DLCs" in this game.

Re: 3 "Day-1 DLCs" of Risen 2: Dark Waters

On the first day of DLC I think people need to relax. It is not compulsory that you have to buy it but not buying a game because it is an option than it is just being mad. Nothing can be as bad as excuse that the game is worst. And whether it’s worth it or not, this question is not really relevant if you don’t like it and don’t want to buy it then don’t! But surprisingly many people buy such things. Not many of the know that creating content will cost money. It is never that it is removed off the fame and you are made paid for it. If it was not DLC it would not be there only. Practically it is not easy to be in this country with this kind of financial situations and adding content that will not add any kind of profit will obviously make no sense. Given the choice if you want to buy additional stuff is always good then not having choice.

I was very excited about my experience on Risen 2. It is one of my most favorites in RPGs and it helps in doing so many things right. Just thinking of finishing one game that I just recently bought. I also noticed the content of DLC that is already available on stem which is there under the game. My all eagerness went from want to buy to know I don’t want to buy and finally to wait till others buy.

I have ordered Steel beard’s Treasure edition from Amazon Germany on which they have sent me a code through mail for the Air Temple DLC. Everything is ok but the game is on a really slow track from Germany and it won’t get to me before May 17th. And it doesn’t do any good for me now because by the time I will get it and ill play it will already be in sale so what’s the point. But I had already ordered before I even knew about this DLC nonsense. I also agree with others. The DLC for day 1 for guest and conquest makes no sense at all. This is as it is not any free based games that gives the base game for free and will earn profit through DLC. They cost around $50-$60 and I think they should be complete. According to me, DLC can be added as an add on or later.

Yes, this thing just irritates me off. Going for this economy here companies have to realize that the buyers will be on saving side now and will not take any consideration on with being nickel and dimed. These all are just rumors that these are used sales and the next gen consoles are blocking these used games. These kinds of statements were released to fix up people and yes gamers are not having the acceptability. Same rules, different models but applies the same process of decision making of a consumer. I don’t really in believing to avoid buying base games that will be full with DLC but that will be case by case for me. Like the game star craft 2…I was really eager for that game but when it got released it announced that it will be in 3 parts so eventually I lost all the interest I had in it. There was an argument that it is 3 full games but if we remove the pretty CG and the training missions then SC2 is very small game which can be just used for fillers in which they could sell a $60 game in $180. I was not at all surprised with bobby kotick in activation. I think I have become too old for playing games but I m somehow not liking the new business model developers and what publishers are taking. But I guess a large group of people are agreeing with me. For example BF3 cost a reported $30 million as a cost price and the total selling price that they are getting is $13 million. Same kind of losses is happening in SWTOR. Importantly the buyers want a value that’s actual but not and extended one through DLC. At least the game users are on it I don’t know about the console.

The bonus hereby preordering is a pirate costume from GameMolestop. I did not know about the temple of air is another DLC in SteelBeard's Treasure Edition. This concept is not only deep silver but symptoms of every part of the industry and this DLC concept. Some companies give good returns to their customers but some companies learn from their mistakes and many not even after that, they just want to fool the users. In this case the deepsilver is not a trendsetter but it just follows the suit. StarCraft II started the trend of the games for PC in $60. DLCs were the one who started on the console.