Thread: Are DLC's cut off from the game Risen 2: Dark Waters

Are DLC's cut off from the game Risen 2: Dark Waters

as the title of this particular thread saying what I am looking to ask over here. the developer are cutting down DLC content for Risen 2. If they are not planning to do the same then they would not give any indicator for the same. we should consider above mentioned point before we go and make any conclusion about the same. if you are having any useful comments then let me know about the same. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Are DLC's cut off from the game Risen 2: Dark Waters

There is no issue if content is cut from Risen 2 or not. So I am sure about the thing DLC should be planned from beginning as well. mostly all the developer are supposed to create DLC together with the game itself. They are supposed to sell those DLC pack as an optional quest. You can have great time with basic game without having DLC pack. if you are looking to get some more content to play for Risen 2 then you can get the same by paying DLC. So I don’t think so there would not be any difference if you are getting more by paying more.

As far as DLC packs are concerned they are considered as a expansion packs. If any developer of the game wanted to add some more content in the game after releasing pack then that could be available for all the gamers at nominal rates. It is not something like that making the game and parcel out to gamers so that they would require to pay more. This particular thing is actually happening in current scenario. For eg when I am purchasing a new house then I wont need to pay to for extra bolcany or something.

Well know that developer of Risen 2 created Gothic 2 in the past and that was really great game. after that they made NOTR and it was best expansion pack ever made. Normally gaming companies are concerned about to create a new video game and marketing them. they are not concerned in what order game was made. They are supposed to develop game with all parts and they are selling the same as per requirement. If you are wondering that DLC pack not worth for the price it being offered then you should not purchase the same. I really love to play like Risen and Gothic. So Piranha Bytes should be in business and they should have enough amount of money so that they could make new games. now it became quite difficult to make money from video games if you are not having big brands. Gothic 2 was available for €49 at the time of releasing where as expansion was offered at €29. So you need to pay € 80 to play above mentioned game.

The entire decision can be taken by Deep Silver whether they are interested to finance game development and marketing as well. they will decide what should be put into the same and how they will sell at what price exactly? The customer are freedom to purchase the game or not.
    Cut off game would negatively impact the entire game development as well as story line. There should be lots of resources to be used and times so that they can polish entire game. deceiving marketing practices should be conducted on the basis of unclear communication. You have to see that DLC is already provided on DVD or not. You are going to pay for the enjoyment which you are going to get while playing. You are paying for the game which has been developed by the set of people. So there should not be any issue in which manner you are going to get content. they had already provided basic package that will allow you to get complete ride of entire game. also they are going to provide some premium packages to make your experience more enjoyable. However it is up to you which package you wanted to purchase.

When you are doing any kind of business then you should simply get the psychology of the clients of yours. people would get negative towards a company if you start to add fee for the thing that should be included. I would annoyed if they remove random part of the game and charged with fee after releasing of the same. so I would not purchase it even I would make complain about it. if you are looking to get more eventually it would decrease sells. It is responsibility of the developers that they should look for optimal price tag as well as packaging.

I am not having any issue if they would make me to pay add on after game got released. They had developed DLC while developing actual game. they used to create a best game so that they can earn maximum profit. I noticed that game price is getting idle right now. Even prices are getting fall due to inflation as well. however cost is getting increased to create a new game. since people are looking to get maximum content with great graphics. The thing DLC allows developers to get maximum profit from customers. Rather than providing Paid DLC they should simply increase a price tag.

Mostly developers are creating game with DLC as well. they need to balance development cost and sales. I am not against of DLC packs in fact I am against of DLC used to hide unfair charges which people are not able to know about.

Today world price of the game remained same rather market got increased. However they are having distribution schemes such as Steam. It lets publisher to get maximum amount of money from sales. In Risen 2 I did not noticed any graphical issue. I do agree that they are supposed to reuse the thoughts as it implies that they are having limited budget. Normally I used to purchase a game after couple of months as it was patches are released. I used to purchase those games which are deserving my money.