Thread: Warlock: Master of the Arcane is an awesome game

Warlock: Master of the Arcane is an awesome game

Warlock: Master of the Arcane is the new strategic turn-based Paradox game. As the first impression you will immediately notice a certain resemblance to the famous Civilization series. The game poses different mechanical properties very similar to the title published by Sid Meier, but within a far more fantasy and setting the most geared toward the "board game".

In fact, immediately after setting the map and the game, we face the choice of our powerful sorcerer with which our army. We may choose between good varieties of characters: humans, orcs, dragons and a nice King Rat with attached army of mice.

Chosen our master we will get a map very similar to that of civilization, in hexagonal cells, where our task will be to attack, defend, settle and build in order to bring our army to have the upper hand over other races and conquer the lands of Ardania. The gameplay is presented from the start very simple and smooth, with the mechanical "small bone", with a management part quite straightforward and without any political or diplomatic system, a feature now found in all the titles in the genre. But I want to remind you sit still a rat version of "alpha" of the game, so everything I write is to be taken with a grain of salt.

As for the graphics the game is enjoyable and is quite smooth although we expect further improvements to make breakthrough. The sound department on the other hand is quite thin, with a library of sampled sounds that fail to make deep the atmosphere of the game.

Re: Warlock: Master of the Arcane is an awesome game

Criticisms scattered that come to my mind while playing this game: Promotes city-spamming, a phenomenon which is stronger than those who fill the map of the city, rather than those in developed but very few. Fortunately, the micro-managing of these is greatly reduced by the growth that is limited to the advancement of the population. Promotions that get the units as they pass level are too few and not very interesting: it ends up taking the same. The practical impossibility of rotating units at the front makes it difficult to keep alive the most experienced units, which would instead be favored because it has provided a path forward. The magic seems pretty bland and not very effective, but I do not want them, seen that in the 50 rounds of the demo you cannot have a great potential in this field. The game will be a classic sandbox to play with the possibility of a different world each time randomly generated. This novelty is that you can choose up to 7 parallel worlds apart from what you start with. It would be nice to know if the other worlds there are different rules. I really think I will do as I did with Civilization 5.

There is nothing remarkable in around now. Shogun Total War 2 is very nice, but diplomacy is virtually zero. We say that is a strategic Death match. I threw myself on the Paradox Grand Strategy. I bought two money Hearts of Iron 3 and Europa Universalis 3 (with various extensions). I must say though that may intimidate those who are not motivated. The amount of things to check is immense. I think it just comes down in price even take Crusader Kings 2.

However, the game is quite simple: both the Civil Code with respect to the strategic than tactical for the part, not that this is bad, though throughout the 2 features work well. The mechanics that I found most interesting, playing the demo, is the ability to target enemy units with cities or forts. It is a novelty rather than well thought out, although it seems a bit odd, and should guarantee a certain amount of strategy in addition, when we go to place the forts to the borders of the various city limits.

I played and I'm still playing this game. What can I say? A show for me it is more drogues Civilization, like "one more turn" until they're forced to unplug. Nice very diverse, there are a lot of units, there are quests, ability to cast spells, monsters through portals that keep coming and threaten our cities. I cannot wait to come out officially in the beta also because I have not found virtually no bugs (8 hours of play).

Warlock: Master of the Arcane is now available on Steam! The latest game in the popular series Majesty, Warlock: Master of the Arcane Introduces turned-based strategy and global conquest to the fantastic world of Ardania. In a chaotic time of upheaval, the player takes the role of a great mage; a warlord is to use emulous effort for ultimate power. Your mission is to build an empire, expand your borders, research new spells and conquer your enemies. Become the ultimate Warlock and rule over all of Ardania!

The game offers a wide range of military units, three different breeds, and many evocations and wild beasts to be driven, in addition to providing dozens of spells to use on the battlefield. There are epic battles to fight alongside the gods, and thanks to an innovative system of city management, players must find the right balance between military power and magical abilities, the only magician to stay and become the overlord.

I have to be truthful here; this is what actually puzzles me. I thought it would be an amazing game. Accurately what I needed. I know the guy said it really mechanism from a D&D campaign he runs or used to run. I considerate it was awful. I presume the most excellent way to say it is a Baldur's Gate in Civ IV form. Those classes, the kind of gigantic from those worlds, researching chain lightning, and archery, and increase cavalry with lances that was what I was having in my mind. But the time I played it, it was this odd cold world, with very weird and awful characters, and yeah, I saw some groups of sprite, and some spiders, but it was not fun at all. I don't recognize if that makes common sense or not, but I required to love it, and consideration so much it would be tremendous but it was awful. I think I required what this game is, and I identify people have all kinds of conflicting views on how it relates to different games, but to me it is very Civ V slanting. I think I will love this game a lot, but only if it gives any kind of alternative, I would have favored this "type" game with the Civ IV in general model. In spite of what I've played, and if this game does courteously sales wise, I believe this will be a gem in the making. One thing; does anybody know how to zoom in closer? Occasionally I just like to see the artwork of the creatures/buildings/etc., but at this time it does not zoom in that far.