Thread: New Nvidia beta drivers download to improve Risen 2: Dark Waters game play

New Nvidia beta drivers download to improve Risen 2: Dark Waters game play

Hi people! I am assuming that there are many other friends of mine out here who are not really happy with the technicalities that actually came with the Risen 2. I agree to all of this and even I am one among you because Risen 2 actually has number of issues with it which is extremely irritating. So, talking about the issues, I just found a driver of Nvidia which claims to be solving all of these issues. I have not tried it. I know how bad it feels when a game you’ve been waiting for long which is expected to work simply superb doesn’t work the way it should and becomes extremely irritating in that context. So, as soon I came across it, it thought I should be updating you guys so that you all also can avail its benefit along with me. So, I am placing the link below, just click on it and download the driver that you want to. A bunch of people and review places thought they were having memory leaks but they just needed to update their GPU drivers, then the problems disappeared!

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ta-driver.html

The above given is the link to the driver.

Re: New Nvidia beta drivers download to improve Risen 2: Dark Waters game play

OMFG! Even this did not work, I had some hope with this, and I thought the error is with Nvidia only but now I think, it’s with the game. Like all gamers that come across a number of games in a year and is a total gaming freak, I am in love with almost all games that is developed by Piranha and I try to make it a point to follow and to use everything they launch. And honestly speaking, I have enjoyed most and all of them. But I lately realized that this recent game of theirs that you mentioned, I mean Risen 2 is actually a technical disaster, I mean if you see the gameplay even in a maxed detail at 1080p, you will be shocked to see the pathetic output that they have given. It is not at all a healthy sight to watch textures that flicker like anything, irritating and frustrating horrible pop ups and the details which is a result of real bad animation. I would say, this game is technically very weak in comparison to the Risen 1, look at Witcher 2, it is like awesome. You will be amazed and astonished to see the details of animations and graphical excellence that they provide. I think it is high time, Piranha Bytes come up with a better set of technicians and programmers who can probably give us better results and remove such immature bugs which not seen even in the most basic of games available today.

However, to be frank, in spite of all this, I am loving the experience of playing the game. I mean if you close your eyes to the technical issue, you will be very satisfied with its use. I must appreciate the imagination and creativity of their team and their flair in making an absolute fun game with interesting game world!

Trust me when I say, you have all the reasons to love the technicality of the game too only if you are not an Nvidia user. I don’t really think it is an issue from Piranha Byte’s end; it is in fact a problem with the Nvidia’s graphic card that your system proudly sport. I would never appreciate your act of insulting Piranha’s programmers, which is utter senselessness I would say. This is because of the reason that the issue and the misake lies with someone else and blaming a totally different and innocent team for that is more pathetic than the bug itself. The problem is more to do with the nasty mess that is the Driver/DX wall between the hardware and the OS. It's alright for the console programmers who can access hardware directly and get things running optimally, but we have to settle for laggy, inefficient PC games due to Nvidia's bullshit. Just think about the power you have in your GTX 580, and it's only being used within a fraction of its potential.

I would rather comment your very post as senseless and baseless. I’ll tell you why. Because, if it was so the above given driver should be efficient enough to solve the issue why is it that it did not happen. Nvidia is obviously not senseless enough to launch something just like that, right? I’ll tell you who the culprit is out here; it’s neither Nvidia, nor Piranha Bytes, it’s the much hyped service provider of all times, the cash hungry Microsoft. If there is anyone else to be blamed after this, it is none other than Piranha itself. I mean, they could have done a detailed pre-release test on windows. I’m sure, even the Level 1 tester could spot such a severe bug out there. As a matter of fact, even though windows is at fault, I would still blame piranha for the carelessness that they have showcased here. This is bizarre I tell you.

You guys will be shocked to know that I use 95% of the games that I have without a single bug in it. I actually sit and play with the codes to solve this and almost everytime I succeed, thanks to techarena’s technical assistance that I have been receiving from time to time. So it clearly states the fact that me being merely a layman when it comes to coding can spot and solve these issues successfully, why cant the creaters? Also, I hope all of you guys are well aware of the problems that can be fixed by simply editing some lines in the .ini files that comes along.