Thread: Fortify command disabled in Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Fortify command disabled in Warlock: Master of the Arcane

I am currently playing the beta version of Warlock: Master of the Arcane and while playing this game, I noticed that there is no fortify option to make one’s units to defend the base. In every turn I need to click on the defend button to make have my units in defending position. Has anyone else too experienced this problem?

Re: Fortify command disabled in Warlock: Master of the Arcane

There is another option called “Sentry” for making your units defends at certain position. But I found it very weak as compared to what a ‘Fortify’ option would have done. The units defend the positions they are holding. But the problem is that they leave their defensive position, if they detect any other unit from other army nearby them. Even if the friendly units are detected, they leave their defensive position. They do not attack them but just go near them. I suppose, ‘Sentry’ means to keep watch on anything passes near that unit.

There is a Fortify button for the units in Warlock: Master of the Arcane, but it appears only when certain conditions are met for that specific unit. For example, you cannot get option to fortify an unit which has been moved. You can only fortify the units that are unmoved. The second condition is that there should be no unit, enemy or friendly within range of two blocks to make the option appear. Units of own army can stand nearby the units who need to take ‘Fortify’ position. The main disadvantage of having units in fortify mod is that, the hexagonal blocks on which your units are fortified will not be accessible to units of friendly armies.

Come on, such conditions were not available in games like Civilization 5. You can fortify your units any time in any situation. Also the hot keys are not properly assigned in Warlock: Master of the Arcane. I mean, hot keys play a great role in strategy games. I mean which developer has ever used keys like ‘U’, ‘P’ and ‘L’ as hot keys. They don’t even fit properly under one’s fingers. Civilization V had hot keys like ‘D’, ‘F’, ‘G’ and ‘B’ for Disband, Fortify, Guard and Build City respectively. Also in demo version of Warlock: Master of the Arcane, there was no option to skip the enemies’ activities. One is forced to watch them even if they are not useful. I hope developers have rectified this problem in full version. I think that developers need to release a patch with proper assignment of hot keys and with non-condition ‘Fortify’ option for units.