Thread: How's the AI in Warlock: Master of the Arcane?

How's the AI in Warlock: Master of the Arcane?

I have played the demo version of Warlock: Master of the Arcane which let an user have fifty turns to play. This fifty turns were very less to conclude any fact about the AI. In fifty turns, I would get to see barely four or five fights between my units and enemy units. Also the fights were not that big that I can know the difficulty of the AI. Can anyone who has played the full version of this game, tell me if the AI is good enough or should I say that AI is dumb enough let an human player kill it. Can someone tell me about the AI in the full version of this game?

Re: How's the AI in Warlock: Master of the Arcane?

The Ai in Warlock: Master of the Arcane is very good in the full version of the game. They react very well to the moves of the player. If you are playing on easy difficulty level, then you will find it dumb in terms of reactions and actions they do. But on higher difficulty level, they provide a good attack and defense. I have seen in many strategy games that till the human player builds five buildings, AI has already built a complete base. This gives an illusion that AI has infinite amount of resources. But here, in this game, the AI is properly balanced. The base and the army will be of same level as that of the player. In beginning, you will AI somewhat lenient in behavior, but after some five to six games, the AI will attack in full force. You will need to continuously keep a look on AI’s movements and the direction from where the AI is coming. Right now when I was playing, I was being attacked by enemy from all sides, except from the west. I had to move the base and army towards the western lands to save myself from defeat.

Re: How's the AI in Warlock: Master of the Arcane?

The AI is properly balanced in this game. You will never find a level where you will find a weak AI or an overpowering AI. The units and the formations of them are properly arranged such that you can defeat them if you have planned the defenses and the attack from your side properly. Also the resources assigned to the player are properly managed. I have played Command and Conquer series and in those games, I have found that many times AI consumes most of the resources available on the map. This problem is also not seen in this game. The AI is developed very intelligently in Warlock: Master of the Arcane. It will give you a stiff challenge without consuming any large number of resources or letting you feel that it has unlimited power. I haven’t played on highest difficulty, but on normal difficulty, it gives a fair challenge.