Thread: Incoming balance patch for Street Fighter X Tekken

Incoming balance patch for Street Fighter X Tekken

I have been playing Street Fighter X Tekken and I have noticed that there many imbalances in many characters and their abilities. So many times it happens that while playing in the multiplayer mode the opponent spams the power that is provided to the player in an inadequate quantity. It was very irritating and would become reason for many defeats. For example, Kazuya has no limit for the combo she uses. Recently my friend told me that a new patch has been released by the developers to rectify the bugs that were present in the game. Has anyone downloaded the patch? Can someone tell me what bugs and glitches regarding the improper balance of the game have been made?

Re: Incoming balance patch for Street Fighter X Tekken

The glitch that you mentioned due to which an player using Kazuya could do infinite amount of combos has been rectified and also the Kuro’s infinite crouching middle punch has been rectified. Xiaoyu has the QCB MP Infinite removed, Pacman’s Hit back on LP and LK has also been limited as it was unlimited before and Ogre’s crouching high punch’s damage has been reduced, so it would damage the opponent at the normal level when used in combos.

Many changes have been made to the character like Jin, Juri and Rufus. Jin’s chop kick that was used to beat the mid-air enemies have been removed in this patch. Points gained when Jin’s Kazama style moves are used have been reduced. So now a 6 hit combo will give only +2F points. A frame on block of Senpusha which is used by Juri has been changed in this patch too. According to the changes made; left vertical standing block will now be -5F, middle vertical stand block will be -10F and middle vertical crouch block will be again -10F. Before this patch was released, the use of Shikusen by Juri would cause an enemy to be thrown back at a large distance; this throw back distance has been reduced. Falcon kick of Rufus has also been changed in its attributes. The frames of the block have been reduced by -4F and also the feet don’t cross as easily as before.

Other changes that have been made in this patch are that Last hit of Quick Double Lariat that is used by Zangief will no longer hurt the opponents in crouching position. Players will now be able to block the 5th hit of his Super Art, which is Knee Press Nightmare made by Bison normally. The diagonal jumps and kicks of some characters were not executed properly, they have been fixed. A bug was present which would throw those characters at a distance when trying to switch the characters during fight. This bug has too been removed. The combos will now be not possible to execute in mid-air.

Other than imbalance of abilities of characters, many other things too have been added and rectified in this patch. New color scheme for the costumes of the characters have been added and some of the existing colors have been enhanced. Some gem packs like Assist Gem Pack, SF-only Street Fighter character boost Gem Pack and TK boost Gem Pack Tekken characters have also been enhanced. Not only their features but also their prices have been changed. Legs piled spiral blade has been improved to remove the bug that bent the character backward to create a ground to force damage. Punch hit back by Pacman has been changed to Standing weak and weak kick start. The hit rate of the fall of a character from the air has been reduced.

I think that Ryu also needs some balancing of the abilities. The three frame startup of Ryu should be reduced to two according to me. His forward attacks are so powerful that they can also break the Hadoken by characters like Bison and Zangief. Another thing about Ryu that needs to be changed is the distance till where his fire ball travels before being exhausted. Also the anti-projectile jumps made by Ryu are very long as compared to the other characters. Also the combination of keys to perform the combos and skilled moves are very easy as compared to the other characters’ key combination. Te damage created by the donkey kick also seems very high as compared t the other moves of other characters of same intensity. When paired with any other character, Ryu can easily create combos that can make damage of around 450 very easily. I think that due to this comfortable and easy controls provided for Ryu, he is commonly seen in almost every team in the multiplayer mode.