Thread: Can the walking dead game be played single handedly?

Can the walking dead game be played single handedly?

So the title says it all. What do you all think can this game be played single handedly? I am thinking to play this game via mouse only and nothing else. so what do you all think will I be able to do that or not? its been few days since I got this game but I haven’t started playing the game. I am planning to sit today the whole Sunday afternoon and complete the game.

However just for the experimentation purpose I am planning to play single handedly? Will I be able to do that? That’s what I want to know? Is there anyone over here in this forum who have tried such kind of stuff? That’s what I want to know?

Do reply on to this question. Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Can the walking dead game be played single handedly?

I think it would be a bit difficult for you to handle this game on a single hand. I play with the keyboard as well as the mouse. So both of them should come into play in order to play the game quite comfortably. I have checked out the controls in the options and the image given out there was of a Xbox controller. I am just wondering how would you be able to move the characters and all with a single mouse, you must find some way out by which you would be able to remap the Q and E mashing to middle and right mouse.

So do look how can you make that changes if you are able to re map the buttons and all then better for you. that’s all I have got for you.

If you ask me then I would say no you can’t play this game single handedly now why I am saying this is because there are several reasons behind the same. One of the reason being is you cannot re-map is because, the keyboard or mouse keys there is no such settings. I have checked the config files and there is no options to do that stuff.

The second reason being you cannot move with the mouse nor you will be able to do any kind of quicktime events with it. if you want to do then you will need a mouse with at least six configurable buttons that will adapt to the new settings. WASD buttons are used for movements and QE used for quick time events. I don’t think so you will be able to re map this buttons with the mouse and if you are successful in doing this by some kind of patch released in the future then you would find it really difficult to play with that settings. Trust me don’t play single handedly.

Ok great thanks for your input it seems I will have to upgrade my mouse then I will try and re map the buttons altogether. However I am a bit disappointed wit the decision of the developers for introducing any kind of changes in their present game. I mean look at this they havent thought of personalizing any stuff for the gamers. Developers these days claim that they would make PC gaming so simple such that it would be possible to play the game via. Controller however I don’t think so that is the case because looking at the present scenario of mine I don’t think so everybody would be able to afford a 6 or 8 buttons mouse. Developers implement so much ideas on the concept of the game but when it comes to the idea of personalizing the experience for the customer they really fail terribly.

Before signing out I want to ask a particular question over here and that is does this game support click and drag movement with the mouse? That’s what I want to know. I hope this question will also get replied soon.

No you won’t be able to do that with the present mouse because there is no option to do that.

Coming to your second topic yes I agree that developers don’t think much about the users experience. You know what I have a console and sometimes even I have to switch to the external hardware’s such as keyboard and mouse because the controller isn’t effective. At least some provision of key-binding INI file should be made to the users so that whatever the users want to make some changes they can freely make it rather then depending on the updates or some patches to make them available.