Thread: Blades of Time playing only at 30FPS

Blades of Time playing only at 30FPS

Recently I have started playing the Blades of Time via steam on my computer. The problem is I can play this game only at 30fps and it won’t go further than that. Whereas my other games consistently reach above 60FPS and more than that sometimes. It seems like the game FPS is locked at only 30FPS. I have a gaming PC and there is no doubt that it can gain almost good FPS rate because I am getting near to 100FPS while playing counter strike. Any kind of help would be very much appreciated.

Re: Blades of Time playing only at 30FPS

Well, 30 fps is not bad, right? That is, always had the idea that above 30 fps the difference was imperceptible. As far as I know that 30 fps is a standard "cap" for most console titles and even if this title ported to the PC, then also you will something similar but you don’t notice any kind of issues with gameplay at all. In my case I am actually getting 50+ fps and the games never goes below 40 fps with my GT 540M, 1920x1080. The game settings are maxed out except AA that is on medium and AF which is at 8x. I have also enabled Vertical Sync directly from the nVIDIA Control but it doesn’t do anything for me.

This is not to say that 30fps is not enough to do. Just not in racing games, first person shooters and other games where the camera quickly yet accurately the picture continues to show to the player. Thus, in the most extreme forms even possible to distinguish between 120 and 240fps. This is in the past was tested on fighter pilots, who could perceive. The stronger the player depends on the camera position and how important it is to scan your surroundings, the more important the fps.

So if a game like Zelda Wind Waker at 30fps running, you will barely be able to see this. As rightly pointed out is more important than stability and it would be nice to stand out as the game runs 60fps suddenly drops to 30fps.

I think a human can see a difference that below 24 FPS and that from one can discern no difference between the 30 or 60 FPS . So personally I do not see where is the problem since I don't feel any difference I have never had a problem of fluidity in Battlefield PS3 and COD. Some people perceive a difference between a brutal game that moves at 60 frames per second when moving at 30 fps. As already mentioned it depends on the flow. It is recommended especially for games where you have to run and quick response is required reaction from the player.

Of course you notice when you go from 30 to 60 fps, but it has nothing to do with a speed that moves a game, but with the smoothness with which it moves. I also think it might be the sensitivity of the control device you use, you have it very high. If you are dialing 20 fps, already quite unplayable + high sensitivity of the mouse can be a little hell. Play to 60 fps is a delight, every so often when I return to the 360 to play the exclusive that have come in recent months I find it very difficult with the framerate in most cases is less than 30.

The number of FPS (and therefore of frames per second) depends not only on the refresh rate of the screen. It's not because you have a screen of 120 Hz you get 120 fps, for already the number of fps depends on the power of the graphics card, then a lot of game limits the number of 60 to 90 fps so it must instead be due to a limitation of the number of frames / second in the game, and anyway the human eye from 60-70 fps in theory does the difference really.