Thread: Less x-ray kills cam on Sniper Elite V2 PC version than the PS3

Less x-ray kills cam on Sniper Elite V2 PC version than the PS3

For me, it looks like I am receiving less x-ray kill cams for the demo on PC version of Sniper Elite V2. I am not sure but I think that it is somewhat depend on the performance of the computer that you are using to play the game and also the settings and difficulty level that you have set for the game. I put the similar difficulty with the both versions of the game and monitored the 4 playthroughs. I found that with the PC version, I was getting less x-ray kill cam. Do you have some thoughts on this? If you are having anything to say on this then you are most welcome. I don’t like the difference that they have made for both the versions of the game. After all, just the version is different and not the game.

re: Less x-ray kills cam on Sniper Elite V2 PC version than the PS3

This is not just you who found this. It happens with me as well. I have tried to play the sniper elite difficulty with the PS3 as well as PC and found that the x-ray cams are less with the PC version of the game. Initially I thought that this is some other way around in the same way as it was in shooting but in that case it must make you to believe that they have completed the game in this manner. I found that there are many of the users who are posting the same thing on many of the sites. This is not good as the player’s point of view and they must do something for this as soon as possible. There is just one way to get this fixed and that is to release the patch which can be installed and problem will be resolved.

Hey, this is just the assumption that you people are making here. I would like to tell you that there is no difference for the frequency of X-Ray Kill Cams. This is the same for PC version and for the console one. There is a simple rule that the better you shoot there is better chances of getting X-Ray Kill Cams. So keep such things away from your mind and just en joy the game the way you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
    Hey, this is just the assumption that you people are making here. I would like to tell you that there is no difference for the frequency of X-Ray Kill Cams. This is the same for PC version and for the console one. There is a simple rule that the better you shoot there is better chances of getting X-Ray Kill Cams. So keep such things away from your mind and just en joy the game the way you like.
    How can I trust the confirmation from you about this topic. I am having personal experience with the game and I am not posting just looking to someone else posts. I have played the console demo of the game and I found that on the console demo, X-Ray happens much frequently as compared to the other versions of the Sniper Elite V2. This is the same with hitting hand, the chest, the testicles, the neck, the skull etc.. After this I went back to the PC game and played the game for three times, I found that this was littile less as compared to the one that I got with the console.

So this is now confirmed that the difference is there for sure and we are now waiting for some patch release from the developers to get this problem resolved. I hope that developers are aware of this problem and they are working on the same.

I have played the demo for counting the cams. I found that I got 6 X-Ray killcams, 3 headshots, 1 testicle shot and 1 center mass. This is really a good amount of X-ray killcams, if we consider the short level. After this I played this on ultra and Sniper Elite difficulty and I found that many of my kills are as of the cover within the empty lung mode. Almost all the kills were done from the 1903 to test meant for cams. I normally obtain equal amount of xray killcams for each playthrough. I also found that when I am in combat then it is producing less xray killcam as compared to when shooting. I am playing with the same quality of the shot. I just wanted to share my experience with this game and so I am posting here. I hope that they will do something for this soon as it is noticed by many of the users.

I played the demo a lot because I loved it. I just bought the xBox 360 version of the game and I think they removed most of the vital organ xray kills. The only time I see xray kills is with head shots now. Never with any other shots. And it isn't because I'm not shooting well so before anyone suggests that be clear it isn't for lack of a decent shot. The xray kills just aren't as frequently used in the final retail version as they were in the demo. I'm guessing it is this way across all platforms. My guess is it was an intentional gameplay tweak made by the developers in order to balance the timing and flow of the game during intense fire fights. Or whatever. Either way, I'm not happy. The xray kills that were prevailing in the demo are what brought me to purchase this game.

It is true the demo shows up many options of Xray Killcam which is bit different in the full version. I am not sure why they did this. But we check properly there is no enough time to verify the other parts. The demo is a promotional product where the game developers provides you maximum features and there are later on minor changes in the actual version. Killcam is a good feature, but there should not be limitation in it.