Thread: Sniper Elite V2 looks poor in DX9, is it totally meant to played with DX11

Sniper Elite V2 looks poor in DX9, is it totally meant to played with DX11

I was playing the Sniper Elite V2 and I feel that the Sniper Elite V2 is the game that looks totally blurry. This game gives me the feel of poor DX9 game. I don’t know that if this is just me who is feeling like this or there are also other users with the same experience. I am running DIrectX11 on my computer but there is nothing like DIrectX11 while playing. Apart from the x-ray killcam, the texture of the game and the effect is blurry and that comes pixilated and poor. This is very much different as compared to what I have seen in some of the videos and screenshots. Can someone over here guess that what is the reason for this? If you are having any information on this then please post that over here. I am playing the game but that is not satisfying as I am not getting what I was expecting from the game.

Re: Sniper Elite V2 looks poor in DX9, is it totally meant to played with DX11

This is the demo that you are playing and I don’t think that you should expect anything better than this from the demo of the game. If you want to get the best and actual performance of the game then it will be better to go for the full version of the game. I saw that there are many of the users who are complaining about the same and all of them are playing the demo of the game. You will not get such problems with the full version of the game. This happens to many of the games but with the full version of the same game, they give the best performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Enos View Post
    This is the demo that you are playing and I don’t think that you should expect anything better than this from the demo of the game. If you want to get the best and actual performance of the game then it will be better to go for the full version of the game. I saw that there are many of the users who are complaining about the same and all of them are playing the demo of the game. You will not get such problems with the full version of the game. This happens to many of the games but with the full version of the same game, they give the best performance.
    Thank you so much for your reply my friend, but as far as I know that a demo of the game is nothing but the demonstration for the completed product. If they are giving such a poor quality with the demo version of the game then it will going to be the same with the final product as well. So I think that I am having right to complain regarding this problem. Demo is made to find bugs and issues with the game so that the final product that will be released will be free of such issues. We are posting problems related to the games so that developers pay attention to that particular issue and they work on that. I am sure that there are many of the users who are agree with me.

I know that the game is not as per the expectation of the users in terms of the graphics. If you see the demo then you will find that it is indicated that the demo is not the representation of the final product. There is possibility that the demo that we are playing is many month old and for that reason many of the users are facing problem with that. There are some of the demos which are exactly same as the E3 demo and the reason for this is, there are tight budget as well as time restraints for the developers.

Anyways, in most of the cases, whether it is a game or software, they do not provide the full features and functions with the demo. This is because they know that people will be expecting something better than the demo version of that product on final release. So they are keeping some features aside and that is reviled at the time of final launch.

I have also played the demo and have not found anything in the graphics settings saying that "DirectX 11 is not available" or something else. But for me, graphics is ok. For me, game play is important and not the graphics. It will be good if they will be made for the DirectX 9 and not the DirectX 11. I am saying this because by this way, all the users who are having Windows XP in use can have fun with this game. If that goes to the DirectX11 the only the users of Windows 7/Vista will be playing the game. Users with the Windows XP operating system will have to switch to Windows 7 or Windows vista. I don’t think that people will switch to some other operating system just to play a game. In this way, game will be losing the number of players. This is just what I think about this game, reality may be something else. I just wanted to share my thoughts with the people over here and so I am posting this here.

Yes, the game is not too good with the graphics now but I am quite sure that it is going to improve with the time; I mean that they will release some DLC for the game that we can download and install. It will improve the game performance and we will be having more fun with the game. I am quite sure that the pc and Xbox demos are almost close to a port. I am also waiting for the game DLC to be available so that I ca n install that. It irritates a lot when there is poor graphics with the game. Improved graphics and sound are the two important things that make a game full of fun and if any of the game is lacking In this expect then there are less chances for the success of the game. I hope that they will do something for these issues soon.

I am not able to understand that why people are complaining regarding graphics. I am also playing the same game and for me, this game is extremely sharp and sunning smoothly on my system on ULTRA with minimum 100+fps. The FPS is going maximum 160+. I think that you are lacking with the system specification needed to play the game and so you are getting that blurry effect. It will be better for you if you can just check for the minimum requirement for the game and compare that with the system that you are using. It will give you better idea that where you are lacking….

Here is the specification of my computer on which game is running without any problem.

• AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3GHz
    • 8GB RAM
    • XFX Radeon 6970 2GB
    • Win 7 64bit Ultimate

You must post with the specification of the computer every time you have any problem with any of the software or game. This will help us a lot to answer the queries. I am saying this because most of the times problem is with the system and not with the software. So you must check that if you are having all the drivers updated to the latest. If drivers are outdated then there is possibility that you encounter problems like this. Are you having the Nvidia or ATI card? If you are having any wacky custom settings within your Control Panel then it is recommended to reset that because that might lead to create problems like this.

Other than this, it is also important that you disable the games AA so that it is forced from the control panel. So these are the things that you must check and see if that helps you to solve the problem or not.