Thread: Demo of Sniper Elite V2 crashes pc

O! guru Guest

Demo of Sniper Elite V2 crashes pc

I have installed Sniper Elite V2 demo in my computer and I am experiencing problem with this game. Overall game is very nice but when I at the second checkpoint game stutter for some seconds and then crashes. I am using Acer Aspire 4750G Notebook in which I have windows 7 operating system, Intel Core i7-2820QM processor, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M with NVIDIA Optimus and 640 GB hard disk. I have downloaded and installed this game from steam. I have right clicked on the game and then selected properties of it. After selecting that I have clicked on the local files and verified integrity of game of game cache but after doing that when I start playing game again at that time I get same problem again. I have also uninstalled graphic drivers from my laptop and then installed it again but problem does not get solved. When I installed latest graphic drivers from the official site of Nvidia at that time also I get same problem again. If anyone have solved this issue then let me know.

Re: Demo of Sniper Elite V2 crashes pc

I have gone through your problem and I would like to tell you that first open Sniper Elite V2 and change the graphic setting from the game after changing the graphic setting you have to see whether it crashes while paying game or not? If game still crashes even after changing the graphic setting also then you should open Nvidia control panel in your laptop and after opening the Nvidia control panel you have to select mange 3D setting option. After selecting that you have to click on the anti aliasing option and then select application controlled. After doing that you have to start Sniper Elite V2 game in your laptop again and then you have to check whether your problem get solved or not? In many cases setting application controlled option for anti aliasing can solve this problem

I am also facing problem Sniper Elite V2 Demo. First I thought problem is with this game only and that is why I have uninstalled Sniper Elite V2 from my computer and then i have installed game again in my system and after reinstalling the game when I launched it again at that time I get same problem. Now after that I have try to search solution on internet regarding this and there were many users who are facing same problem and have solved it by changing the graphic setting. After that I have open Sniper Elite V2 game in my system and then changed the graphic setting from there. After changing the graphic setting also I get same problem. I have also tried open Catalyst control center in my computer and then changed the anti aliasing setting from there but it didn’t make any difference. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

I am aware if this problem. In your system which version of DirectX is installed? You have to make sure that you are using latest version of the Direct X In your computer or laptop. If you have ol version then go to the official site of Microsoft and then get latest version of Direct X from there. Now install Direct X in your system and then check whether it makes any difference or not? Once you update Direct X in your system you have to start playing game again and then check whether your problem gets solved or not?

O! guru Guest

I have downloaded latest version of Direct X from the official site of Microsoft and then installed it in my laptop. After installing that in my laptop also when I started playing game at that time it didn’t make any difference. Changing the graphic setting didn’t helped me to resolve this problem. If anyone have anymore solution regarding this then let me know.

You have mentioned that you are using Acer Aspire 4750G which uses Nvidia optimus technology. In many cases this of problem can take pace if optimus does not switch the dedicated graphics card. To solve this problem you have to select the game from the Nvidia control panel and then set Nvidia graphic processor for it. Now apply the setting and then start game in your laptop. According to me changing the setting from Nvidia control panel you have to start playing game again and then check whether it makes any difference or not? If you don’t know about how to change graphic processor for game then you need to follow these steps.

• Click on start menu.
    • Select all programs.
    • Select Nvidia control panel.
    • Click on manage 3D setting.
    • Select add button. Locate the game launch file.
    • Select preferred graphics dropdown box.
    • Select "High performance Nvidia graphics processor".
    • Click on Ok

Yes in my case same thing happen. Whenever I start playing Sniper Elite V2 game at that time it was using onboard graphics in my laptop and because of that game was crashing randomly. Now after that I have changed the setting of the game from the graphic control panel and then my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution and then your problem will get solved.