Thread: Why walking speed is slow in Street Fighter X Tekken?

Why walking speed is slow in Street Fighter X Tekken?

SF4 game was really bad in terms of walking speed. The same thing is happening with SFxT. Slow walk speed was causing lots of issue into the game. there are lots of characters in the game who are walking really slow. I don’t what developer of the game are supposed to do. if they are going to provide the same then I am wondering that this particular game would become fast enough. Also there are several other issues are associated with the game. you should hit button as it is not doing well and it is not tossed into corner. There would be increment into capacity if there is improvement into walking speed. It would give lots of rewards skill if you are able to move in as well as out very quickly. for this particular reason you should have a player who are having great spacing as well as reading abilities.

Another argument I come to know whether it is true or false. There are some characters in the game who requires to walk slowly as they are getting stronger when it gets closer to you. if walking speed is slow enough then walk speed should be really slow across the board in the game. you will be able to increase walk speed by 30% if they have improved the game. I have noticed that fastest walking characters should approaching crazy speed rather than that of fastest characters into the Alpha games.

Another point is that there are lots of extra movement provided so there is no need of having faster walking speed. In my humble opinion walking will allow you to get different kind of options into the game. if you are supposed to dash then you will continue in same direction. Walking makes the entire thing really awesome in terms of gameplay. Make sure that there should be some changes are made in the game to implement faster walking speed. There should be changes to be made such as better throws as well as smaller stages. There are also number of option into the game which might cause lots of issue. you will not be able force opponent to hit buttons as you are walking slow enough. If you are not able walk in enough speed while returning than you should make poke whiff as you are walking into slow speed. If you are throwing badly then walking faster also does not helpful to you. Let me know if you are having comments on the points described above.

Re: Why walking speed is slow in Street Fighter X Tekken?

It is something like that how developers are consider the game. whether they are wondering about dashes and fast walk speed will make characters quite strong. There are characters like Ken and Ibuki who are capable to walk fast. So far I have not completed SF games since footsies seems to be really boring. I found that characters who are faster enough having more affects as they are not able to jump as required. However if you had seen them into SF4 then you found they were really slow.

According to me the developer of the game has designed all the stages big enough. Hence some of characters are supposed to reset to neutral quite easily. There should be protect against of rushdown and it makes /zoning game enough strong. I am having easy time while playing game Law. I simply reset my character to neutral. It implies that I have to be bit aggressive with him. There will not be any need of poked to death or rushed down hard as there is no need of having magic anti-air which would fit this particular situation. in case you are having slow walking speed then you will need to make use of speed up gem. SFxT is designed to make use of gems.

I played SFxT and concluded that waking speed supposed to be biggest issue with the game. I think the developer of game have done intentionally so that game would become slower for new gamers. It is something like that throws were bad into sf4 and it became worse into sfxt. However I am not having any idea regarding how it will affect higher level of the game. if I am not wrong higher level of game should be more important for all gamers. However you will be able to improve throw by means of setups, safejumps, mixups.

Well it does not make any sense to compare SFxTK with SF2 even you cannot compare the same with SSF4. All the above mentioned games are different in terms of footsies and mechanics. In SFxT you will be able to hit lead to 400+ damage combos and it takes around 15 seconds and simply tag out opponent of yours. SF2 counter supposed to do more damage. You are not going to locked into block animation. As far as SF4 is concerned opponents is having capability to attack up to some predefined range. After that range you will be able to move around without having much trouble. you should have more control on movement over offense of your opponents. So this particular thing makes walking quite essential in terms of gameplay.
    I do agree that if you are walking enough faster than footsies going be interesting thing to see when you are playing game at higher level. SFxT is a different game and it is having different kind of footsies. People are not able to get the same and hence they are playing it in older version of footsies.

If there faster walkspeed, smaller stages and better throw range then it would make huge difference in terms of gameplay. Zangief is supposed to keep out lots of character just because of tech rolls. It would make the entire thing quite easy in terms of rushdown characters. There is no need to make any big changes into the game

In my opinion SF4 was not so slow as much you are saying. Where as in SFxT all the stages are longer enough and slower walking speed. It supposed to be cross line in the game. there should be some adjustment to be made. Though walk speed is slow but there are some characters which can walk faster. If you will get frustrated if you are using speed gems. I am hoping that developer of game did not indented to make use of speed gems. There are very less number of people who are saying that walking speed is terribly slow. I don’t think so speed gems would help to increase game sells. We have to accept that developer of the game has done really big mistake and it should be fixed by them as early as possible. Otherwise game is going to be die.

This particular game should be more accessible. One should not be able to die for faster longer combos,. you should make use of gems which allow you to learn how to throw as well as block in the game. you are going to have large stage so that you can run away. If you are walking slow than you are going to have enough time to figure out what is happening. Hence its true that SFxT is really slow. ST as well as SFA were not saved dashes. The walking speed should be made faster enough since there is no mechanism is available to get into dash mechanic. If stages are smaller so that fights became more tactics into the game.

I hope you will be able to manage if you really liked game. if I am not wrong than there are number of characters which are having alternative option for gameplay. Second biggest issue with game is time. If they would provide some kind of balancing stuffs to characters then game would make more damage.

Larger stages of game is carrying combos. it should not be longer for different games where combos should be at corner. It takes long time walk toward corner. It seems to be an important thing if you are supposed to play the game when you are supposed to roll out the corner. The main thing what I wanted to discuss over here is that footsie-based games and long BnB combos should not be mixed at all. I think there is really less chances about this game that stages sizes and walk speed should be changed.

You will get the idea that developers did not considered about accessibility at the time of designing of the game. I am not able to figure out why they had done the same. UI seems to be completely opposite than that of accessibility. It is important for new players though gem system does not seems to effective in terms of game mechanics. This particular game is particularly redesigned from the older version. If you are supposed to consider frameskipping to determine whether game is faster or not then I think it does not seems to be good factor to consider. Rather you should consider what are the other factors which are making to walk faster into the game. I am assuming that reaction time should remain constant for the players.