Thread: walkingdead101.exe has stopped working in "The Walking Dead Game"

walkingdead101.exe has stopped working in "The Walking Dead Game"

I have recently downloaded "The Walking Dead Game" from steam and after installing the same when I tried launching the game then it just crashed giving me a message saying “walkingdead101.exe has stopped working” I have tried defragmenting and checking out the game cache and have restarted the steam as well but then it is not making any difference in my case is there anyone who has faced the same and had got it working somehow?? I really love this game and want to play it as soon as possible but then I am really running out of ideas as I am not able to track down the cause of the issue.

Re: walkingdead101.exe has stopped working in "The Walking Dead Game"

In that case you can try out the below possible solutions and see if it is helping you or not:
    • Right click on the walkingdead101.exe and then run the game as Administrator
    • If that does not work then right click on the walkingdead101.exe and then select properties and then click on the Compatibility tab and then chose the possible compatibility mode from the options in the dropdown box and see if it is helping.
    • If even that does not help then make sure that you are checking option to disable desktop composition.

Just try out these possible solutions and then let me know which solutions are helping.

I will answer you in the same manner.
    • I have been running the game as Administrator already but then that’s not helping.
    • I have tried running the game in compatibility mode and I have tried out all the compatibility option that were mentioned in the drop down box but then note of them made any difference in my case.
    • I have made sure that the “option to disable desktop composition” is checked as well.

I have been looking after s solution for the same in other forums as well but then I have not yet found an effective solution for fixing this out, I have just found more and more people facing the same issue but then I have not yet found any officials addressing the same, some people have suggested me to check out the minimum system requirement for this game but then I will like to inform you that my system specification is far better as compared to what is require for running the game but then I am not able to make out why the game is just not working in my case, even I want to enjoy the game without any such issues like others do, so please help!

I am not very sure about your case but then I was facing the same issue and later I found out that the cause of the issue was the strict settings for my Windows Firewall but then late after disabling the firewall when I ran the game then it started running smoothly and since then I have not faced any such issues if you want then you ca n try out the same and see if it is making any difference in your case or not. For disabling the Firewall temporarily just go in to the Task Manager and then click on the Services tab and after that check out for "Windows Firewall" when you get the same then right click on it and then stop the process and then run the game and see if you are able to run it or not, if the game is running fine after disabling the Windows Firewall then you can turn it back on again playing the game, you can also check out things such as disabling the UAC feature in Windows OS and making sure that you are running the WalkingDead101.exe as well as Steam.exe as Administrator, just try out the same and then let me know what you get.