Thread: Momentum engine in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

Momentum engine in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

Is the momentum engine in UEFA Euro 2012 extension dlc for FIFA 12 same as in main game. I mean to say about Bad AI. For example, I have been playing FIFA 12 for many months now and I mostly play team game on world class difficulty. I was playing with my team as Liverpool F.C. against Chelsea F.C. In first half I scored one goal and AI was playing like it had no interest in winning. Even if I would bring my goal keeper out of penalty box, Chelsea’s strikers would shoot ball outside the goal. In second half, I easily broke their defense and scored two more goals. After I reached time of 75 minutes, Chelsea suddenly started playing like a professional team. Didier Drogba suddenly scored a goal, that too almost from outside the penalty box. For next ten minutes, they showed the same boost in their performance. I mean, AI could have played in same manner from the beginning instead of playing the game in the end. Does this imbalanced momentum in performance of AI exist in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012?

Re: Momentum engine in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

Yes, this improper game style of AI exists even in UEFA Euro 2012 dlc. You can actually score goals on high difficulties with your team as Malta or Bulgaria and the AI with stronger teams like Spain and Germany. You can run with the ball towards their defense with only defenders trying to put their feet in middle. But when the momentum shifts and AI starts playing than you can expect tackles and push pull till you lose possession of the ball. In one such event, I was running at a lead of three goals against England. At the end of game, when just ten minutes were remaining, the momentum shifted and they scored two goals. Actually they made around seven shots on goal out of which two went into the net.

Re: Momentum engine in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

I know the imbalance of AI that takes place many times in FIFA 12 and also in UEFA Euro 2012 dlc. Actually the developer’s intention was to add the thrill where you suddenly lose the possession f the ball and it becomes difficult to take it back. In FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012, if you are using a good team like Italy and playing against an average level team like Poland or Russia, then one can easily score against them many times. But suddenly in a moment, every player of that team starts playing like Cristiano Ronaldo. They suddenly start jumping over your player’s feet when using sliding tackle or start using various defending techniques to preserve the possession. If this is momentum goes down suddenly then you can again recover the ball and start scoring again.

EA Sports must rectify this in FIFA 13 or else I don’t think that most of the fans it has will accept it. Pro Evolution Soccer has better AI management, weaker teams play normally and the stronger teams will play as good as they should. In Pro Evolution Soccer, players like Wayne Rooney, Samuel Eto’o or Luiz Suarez scores from half-line if they get opportunity. In FIFA 12, in Liga BBVA, I was playing using Athletico Madrid n legend mode and due to this improper momentum, I actually had a run of 19 consecutive draws in a league. I was leading 3-0 against Getafe and suddenly in last twelve minutes, they scored thrice.