Thread: Sniper Elite V2 demo supports only DX9 and not DX11?

Sniper Elite V2 demo supports only DX9 and not DX11?

I was playing the demo version of Sniper Elite V2 some days back and I was just wondering that the size of the game changed. At the time of download it was showing me 2GB and now it is showing me around 1.5GB. Don’t know how did this happen? How is this sudden change in the size of the game can you all please tell me about it?

One more thing that I found out after playing the demo version is that this demo version supports only DX9 and not DX10, DX11 which was earlier told to me. I hope this does not turns out to be true for the full version of the game. I am hoping that the full version of the game supports DX11.

The change in DirectX is ok but I don’t understand the concept behind the change in the size of the game how can it get reduced like that? Have you all faced any such kind of instances? I want to know about it. Please reply over here.

Re: Sniper Elite V2 demo supports only DX9 and not DX11?

See if you ask me then let me tell you that the size of the game isn’t necessary that whatever it is shown to you during the download will be the same when you get it. No not necessary, the size of the demo seen during the download and when the final product you get is completely different. In most of the cases the size is always less than the one you see in the download.

Well that is not the issue for me but the demo version did not look as good as depicted in the screen shots of the game. Looking at the screen shots I was pretty much impressed with the new style gaming. So I decided to go ahead and get the demo version downloaded from the steam. The graphic quality did not appear to be good to me. I am hoping that the graphic quality will improve as the full version of the game will be out. I think the game is releasing today. So let’s wait and watch what’s new in the final version of the game. I have expressed my opinion over here would like to hear more from you all on this.

I don’t think so you should believe whatever it is given in the screen shots because they can be doctored and hence some people go and pass on some wrong information in that, that’s why I would say never believe whatever is given In the screen shots. Personally speaking I would love to have a game in DX 11 but that’s not happening. The game will be running on a DX 9 only.

Unless and until you don’t get a confirmation from the developers about the minimum specifications required to play the game you shouldn’t believe in any kind of wrong information.

Hey if you are thinking that the original game will be much different than the one that you saw in the demo, then you are probably wrong. Don’t even think about that. Because whatever the difference that you are getting to see is the difference in the texture resolution and nothing else. Therefore you can see the change in the size of the demo before the download and after the download. There are some pars that developers tend to remove it from the system without the prior notice that’s why the change in the size.

I came across many posts here in TA where people are thinking that the original game will have a much better graphics effect and a better story line then I better want them to not to go ahead with the game because if you go ahead and purchase the game then you would be disappointed and it would be a total loss for you. Then you will come into this forum and speak something rubbish about the game. That’s why I am informing from the beginning only don’t expect the original game to be diametrically opposite to the demo version. If you don’t like the concept seen in the demo then straight away leave it don’t go for the purchase that’s all I have got for you.

What you do is download the demo again. Because earlier I had downloaded the demo game I didn’t get many options in it but what I did was deleted and downloaded back again. I could see a lot of advanced options in the graphics menu so that’s why I don’t think so it is a bad option to download the demo version of this game again from the steam. So if you want then you can go ahead with this suggestions as well.