Thread: Two players on offline mode in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

Two players on offline mode in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

I am thinking of getting FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012 dlc for FIFA 12 but before I purchase, I have a query. Will there be any option where two players can play same game together on one Xbox 360 using two different teams. For Example, if I select Germany and my brother selects Spain, then we both will be placed in different groups. So first, if according to the schedule the first match if of Germany then I will play the match alone. After this match, since second player has selected Spain as his team, then the second match should begin. If at any point, maybe during knockout round, if two teams come against each another, then we will play together. It would be a great competition, as in single player mode I can easily overpower other teams and every record is filled with names of players of my team only. For example, if I am playing using Germany, then highest goal scorer will be Thomas Mueller and highest assists will be Mesut Oezil. The following players will have number of goals and assists very low in comparison with other players. So if such option is provided, then I might get another player who can give me close competition.

Re: Two players on offline mode in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

I know what you are asking for. Such option would be available till FIFA 10. But it suddenly disappeared in FIFA World Cup 2010 and never was put back in any other FIFA game by EA Sports. It was a really exciting mode but I think that it was scraped out as the graphics of the game started being increased in quality and also the character animation got realistic. This can be one reason as the processors and graphic card might not be able to handle dynamic requests for change in realistic animations and graphics at such a fast pace. FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012 doesn’t have such option, sad. I think that EA Sports should provide an patch or add-on that will provide user to play with another player on offline mode. At least the people who have good hardware will be able to enjoy it.

Re: Two players on offline mode in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

EA Sports should really add this mode on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 version of the game. Konami which produces Pro Evolution Soccer actually has such a feature where one can play multiplayer game with a specific player. In FIFA, even though connected online, it provides option to enter the lobby and select opponent. There is no option to play the game with a specific person or play with a specific person without entering the lobby. If such option is not provided in FIFA 13 then I think that EA sports will lose more than half its fans and market to Konami’s Pro Evolution Soccer.
    I think that it was scraped out as the graphics of the game started being increased in quality and also the character animation got realistic. This can be one reason as the processors and graphic card might not be able to handle dynamic requests for change in realistic animations and graphics at such a fast pace.
    Also the reason for not providing multiplayer option because of heavy graphics and animations seems foolish. Pro Evolution Soccer doesn’t have high class graphics, but players are easily recognizable. Also the animations not as realistic as FIFA 12 are good enough. Also many users have noted FIFA 12’s impact engine responsible for realistic animations generating funny results. Player’s limbs getting bent unrealistically or players falling on ground like falling in Dead Sea and other such goof ups. Most of the players whom I know who play games online play it among known friends. I think that this option to pay the game with a specific friend is removed to increase the traffic on their server.