Thread: How to play Sniper Elite V2 game on windows xp

How to play Sniper Elite V2 game on windows xp

I was trying to play the Sniper Elite V2 on Windows XP. But later on I found that this games does not work on or might be not all compatible with XP. Can somebody post some reason/solution for this problem? I hope there are ample of users who are still using Windows XP OS and are playing the most recent version of games on it. While checking the system requirement on certain website I found that this game can work on Windows XP. So I need some help for the same. What can be done to make this work. My system hardware also quiet good.

Re: How to play Sniper Elite V2 game on windows xp

Almost after 12 years still Windows XP exist and it is used. And it is obvious that new games or applications which are coming out in market might not support XP due to ended support. They are already available for Windows Vista and Windows 7. So there is no need to search for solutions to run this game. Anyhow it is recommended that you must keep your system updated in order to gain all benefits of latest releases. So if you really need to play this game then you must install the Windows 7 on your computer. I don’t think that there is some way to play this game on Windows XP computer. In a few months, you will get Windows 8 and then I don’t think that people will stick with the Windows XP anymore. There are a few people who are exception in this because they just need computer to save, process and retrieve data. So windows XP is suitable for them only.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
    It is about 12 years that Windows XP is in use and it is but obvious that they are not going to support Windows XP as latest system is already available like Windows Vista and Windows 7. So there is no need to be angree with this. I think that you need to change the operating system. You must keep your system updated in order to gain all benefits of latest releases. So if you really need to play this game then you must install the Windows 7 on your computer. I don’t think that there is some way to play the game on Windows XP computer. In a few months, you will get Windows 8 and then I don’t think that people will stick with the Windows XP anymore. There are a few people who are exception in this because they just need computer to save, process and retrieve data. So windows XP is suitable for them only.
    I really do not agree with this opinion. They actually want to earn from the game then it is very important that they provide support for the Windows XP as well. If we make a survey then we will find that there are total 65% people who are still using the Windows XP because that is simple to use and may be because they feel a bit uncomfortable with the Windows 7 and its looks. I am also one of them. I don’t think that there is anything wrong in using the Windows XP if that is working well for me. If they will continue in this way only then no Windows XP user will buy the game and that will directly affect the total selling of the game. If they make the support for the Windows XP then I am sure that it will increase the sales of the game at least by30 to 40 percent. There are many game company who never m;iss the support for the Windows XP because they knew his fact and as a result of that they are earning and have more fans. I hope that we will get support for the Windows XP as well soon.

I don’t think that Windows XP will last for a few more days. There are many of the people who have migrated to Windows 7/8/vista from the old Windows XP and I think that you should also do the same. You will have to do this sometime in future then why not now. There is no reason (except some stupid one) to stuck with the same old operating system even the latest one is already available. I think that it will be better for you if you can simply download windows 8 beta and I am sure that you will like this. Or you can go for dual boot of system so that you can switch to the Windows 7/8 whenever you want to play game and for the normal use of the computer, you can simply boot with windows XP. This will be better option for all those Windows XP lovers, who don’t want to switch to some other operating system.

According to me, reason for this is that it is because rebellion is not the AAA developer and for that reason the production cost is limited because Windows XP is only having support for the directx 9. Other than this, there are just 15 % of the Windows XP users who are on the steam. it was determined that it wasn’t essentially a worthwhile investment. There is one thing that must be remembered that rebellion is self funding this project therefore to create a visually pretty game that doesn’t blow the budget and something has to be surrendered. In this case it was determined that directx10 would be the lowest requirement.

You must check the minimum system requirement before getting this game. If any game is not having support for the windows XP the it is clearly indicating that the game cannot be played on the computer running Windows XP and there is no alternate way to do that. Here, I am posting minimum system requirement for the game and if you are lacking in any of the requirement then you will not be able to play the game.

• OS: Microsoft Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) or Windows 7 (Windows XP is NOT supported)
    • Processor: Dual-core CPU with SSE3 (Intel Pentium D 3GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200) or better
    • Memory: 2GB system memory
    • Hard Disk Space: 10GB of free drive space
    • Video Card: Microsoft DirectX 10.0 compatible graphics card with 256 MB of memory (NVIDIA GeForce 8800 series / ATI Radeon HD 3870) or better
    • Sound: Microsoft DirectX 10.0 compatible sound card or better
    • DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 11.0

I don’t know that why people are afraid to switch to the Windows 7/8. This is amazing and I think that must install that in your computer. I think that it will be better for you if you can upgrade your system. If you avoid this game then also in future you will have to upgrade because most of the games comes with the Windows 7/8 support only. If you continue in this way only then you are going to miss amny of the games and also applications. Windows 7 is having improved features and functions in it and it really worth to install. I have also recently installed the Windows 7 and am happy with that. Now I am waiting for the final release of the Windows 8 so that I can install this on my computer. I want to keep my computer updated.